Views
Helpful
Replies

NEW MCU CODIAN 4220 - issue

Chet Cronin
Level 4
Level 4

I recently installed a new out of the box Codian 4220

Software version 4.1(1.51).  I got it working with no visible issues.

Then I sent to CISCO downloads and copied the 4.5(1.71) file.

cisco_mcu_4200_4.5_1.71.zip.

I also used the release notes and followed the procedure to do the upgrade.

The upload was successfully and then it prompted me to shutdown and restart.

Well now it's not working.   NIC looks like it's not working and still have an alarm. 

The release notes indicated it would take about 25 mins to install/upgrade so I left it run all night.

No change.

What I did notice was the .zip had a file called  cisco_mcu_4200_4.5_1.71.kupgrade  ??? 

NOTE: it's the only download file I found in the CISCO site.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So if I messed up and loaded the wrong file, how to I restore to the old 4.1 version???

What is the procedure if it's stored in an older partition in the box ???

Thank you.

Chet Cronin
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joe Vallender
Level 3
Level 3

Have you tried directly connecting to the serial port to get access?  There is a procedure for Codian products to restore a unit to factory settings via the serial port.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Joe Vallender
Level 3
Level 3

Have you tried directly connecting to the serial port to get access?  There is a procedure for Codian products to restore a unit to factory settings via the serial port.

I am able to connect via the serial port.  Problem is the restart/upgrade doesn't finish.

I also have a steady ping going on and never see the NIC/IP Address.

VR

Chet Cronin

The MCU is operational ... What I had to do is downgrade it to 4.4.

I used the Flash Card process to down grade.   Had to rename the file to kupgrade also.

So My plan is to try to upgrade again to 4.5 via the browser.

Thank you.

Chet Cronin

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Did you upload the .zip or the .kupgrade file?

You should extract the contents of the .zip file and upload the .kupgrade file to the MCU.

If for some reason the MCU fails to respond after the upgrade, try the following:

If none of the above work, suggest you contact TAC. 

Will give it a try ... yes I did extract the file when I performed the upgrade procedure.

Thank you.

VR

Chet Cronin

When I see the Codian restart from PUTTY I noticed the following ...

Error opening Dos0: Kupgrade and Error opening Dos1 Kupgrade file.

Is there a way to stop (Break) the boot sequence and get it to not look at the upgrade file ???

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The restart hangs and never makes it to where I see any message Cisco Telepresence MCU ------ to type reset_config command.

Chet Cronin

Here are two threads in the forums where they had an MCU with a similar error message, the end result was to RMA the MCU and get a replacement.

mcu-rebooting

mcu-4200-repeatedly-reboots

Either way, I suggest you contact TAC.

EugeniyMakarov
Level 1
Level 1

Hello. I apologize for my knowledge of English. I have a problem with my TelePresence MCU 4220. The internal CompactFlash broke on it. When connecting it to the PC, it was not detected. I assumed that the controller inside the flash drive was broken and I disassembled it to re-solder the semiconductor (indicated in the photo below). It didn't help him)))) Now I'm trying to find the image installed on the internal drive. In your post I read that you used an image downloaded from the official cisco website (cisco_mcu_4200_4.5_1.71.zip.), but I ran into a problem that there are no images for this model on the official website due to the fact that this product is no longer supported by cisco. The problem is that all the discussions on Internet forums that I found point to the official cisco website. Could you provide me with an image on my MCU 4220 if you have one? Thank you for earlier, sincerely, Eugene.