cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

OSD Screen Shots

barry.covington
Level 1
Level 1

I'm building user guides for my organization.  I'd like to capture screen shots directly from the codecs and touchpanels.  This will make the guides much more polished than if I just take photos of the screens.  Is there a way to capture native screen shots from MX200 codecs, touch panels, Edge 95 MPX's, and TX9000's?

5 Replies 5

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi

Not sure about the TX system and I do not believe there are any native screenshot function on the MXP systems, but I am not 100% sure. However on the MX200 you can go to the webinterface (Diagnostics --> User Interface Screenshots). Here you can take screenshots of OSD and touch panel. I know there was some problems with it before but if you run TC7.3.2 it should work.

/Magnus

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

As Magnus has said, you can do this relatively easily on TC software based endpoints (C/EX/SX/MX) via the web interface using TC7.3.2 or later.  (While it was available in some earlier releases, it didn't always work - specifically in TC7.2.1 which is the most recent version we're happy to have installed in our environment due to oher issues in later releases).

There is no way of doing this on the old Edge 95 MXP devices - you'll need to take photos or use existing screenshots from the on-line user guides, and the TX9000 is likely to be the same.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

cor.sjerps
Level 1
Level 1

Many organizations face this problem when they wan to create their own customized or translated user guides.

Cisco only provides the user guides in Acrobat .pdf format. And the Touch panel screenshots are of poor quality. I suspect they are in .jpg forrmat?

It would be GREAT if Cisco would publish a collection of 'standard' OCD screenshots as libraries (for the various touch interace models, 8 inch, 10 inch, 12 inch)  so you can build your own documentation !

And then PLEASE in .png format, so the text remains readable.

If you take your own via the user interface as described above, then the screenshots are in PNG format.

The bonus you get from doing your own is that they can include shots of your own directories, system names, room images, etc so your documentation is better customised for your environment than what you would get from using something generic.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Thanks Wayne, the method of making your ownscreenshots is understood, but still an elaborate process.