Views
Helpful
Replies

panel touch 10 y su seguridad

luisgonzalez2
Level 1
Level 1

buenas tardes estimados.

tengo una duda que me realizo un cliente sobre la seguridad del panel touch 10 sobre la version ce 9.1.3 y no e encontrado la forma de responderla,

la pregunta es la siguiente, : existe alguna configuracion que se pueda realizar el el codec o en el mismo panel touch que me impida realizar los cambios como por ejemplo de ip de idioma , zona horaria configuracion de fabrica etc.

Muchas Gracias

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If you're trying to make configuration changes to the endpoint, nothing will prevent you from making changes, unless non-persistent mode is enabled under Security > Non-persistent Mode.  Note, with the current version of CE9, some configurations aren't available to be made via the Touch 10, and must be made using the web interface, refer to the CE9 Release Notes for more information on what specific settings those are.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If you're trying to make configuration changes to the endpoint, nothing will prevent you from making changes, unless non-persistent mode is enabled under Security > Non-persistent Mode.  Note, with the current version of CE9, some configurations aren't available to be made via the Touch 10, and must be made using the web interface, refer to the CE9 Release Notes for more information on what specific settings those are.

Hi Patrick, thanks for your answer.

My query basically is if there is any configuration in the touch panel or codec where I block the access from the touch panel towards the codec, ie you can not change neither language nor ip or anything that the basic users of cisco can change , I hope to get to just let the customer look for a contact, I can move the camera call cut. Which can not do more than that from the touch panel.

Thank you

Luis Gonzalez

Sorry, I misunderstood your initial question. If you're running TC7.0 and later software, you can have user preferences (ringtone, volume, language, date and time, etc) require one to login with the admin username/password if they want to access them, it moves them from under Settings to Settings > Administrator. 

Thanks, Patrick.

I still do not find the solution for software version ce 9.1.3, users keep changing settings and I change the fixed ip to ip dhcp, I can not block the touch panel for those configurations

best regards.

Patrick, I found it and it was much easier than it looked, it was only necessary to put a pin access.

thank you very much for your help.

best regards.