cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Provisioning Model

Anthony Thomson
Level 3
Level 3

If I have 3 VCS Controls with traversal zones to a single VCS Expressway, all in the same SIP domain, does this break anything?  Assuming no endpoints on any VCS use the same alias.

If 2 or more of the Controls are setup with Device Provisioning, can I setup each Control/TMS instance (1 per control) with it's own provisioning phonebook? (phonebook1@some.domain, phonebook2@some.domain)  Will it keep the contact lists separate?

Each TMS/Control instance are kept administratively separate for different departments; they share the Expressway to minimize costs.

2 Replies 2

Lawrence James
Level 1
Level 1

User accounts can only reside on one VCS Control (or cluster) and for only one domain. And you will authenticate to only one TMS installation which supports only one tenent.

So based on that understanding it sounds like what you want to do, in the way you describe wouldn't be possible. Note: Expressways will route provisioning requests to any Control using search rules.

You can however have the multiple phonebooks and have users provisioned with different phonebooks based on groups and/or permissions

So is my best bet then to actually have 3 subdomains, 1 for each Movi/Control instance?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: