cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

"No Incoming Video " message in Video Conferencing.

Ninad Thakare
Level 1
Level 1

Please help me out
I  have two locations, A and B which want to initiate a call to a test  site with public IP's. Site A is OK while calling from B site, i Get an  error " No incoming Video".

Steps which I follow are :
1. Call an Public IP.
2. Call gets connected.
3. Audio is fine
4. On screen there is a message " No Incoming Video"

I have kept following ports open on my Router, and their is not Firewall in between.
TCP : 1720, 5060 and 49152 to 65535
UDP : 2326 to 2500, 5555 to 5574 & 11000 to 20999
where as all IP,TCP & UDP is allowed to the Video Conferencing IP.

Note : 1. Video Conference call from Site A to B is working fine.

2. If I try the same from the secondary ISP link skipping the router, the call gets connected successfully.

3. Same ports are allowed on A site's router and its working fine.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

Ninad Thakare

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Ninad,

The Site B screenshot never made it through. Though I see that the NAT is disabled on the Site A. You need to enable the NAT if Site A is on a private IP address. In the H323 NAT Address, you need to input the natted IP address which you have configured on your router. Once you do this, it should resolve the issue if it's related to NAT.

Thanks
Mubashshir Akhtar

Thanks Mubashshir Akhtar

View solution in original post

15 Replies 15

mubakhta
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Ninad,

It looks like a problem with the NAT on your router. Is the device at Site B assigned a private IP address? If yes, have you done natting on your router? If that is also yes, then have you specified the H323 NAT address on the endpoint.

Also it would be a good idea to check the configurations of both the endpoints at Site A & Site B.

Thanks

Mubashshir Akhtar
TelePresence Solution Group

Thanks Mubashshir Akhtar

Hi Mubashshir,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, the device on site B is having a private IP and I have done NAT'ing too which is same on both the routers ( site A & B).

NAT : ip nat inside source static 10.x.x.x 115.x.x.x

My ACL on WAN interface :

permit tcp any host 115.x.x.x eq 1720 log

permit tcp any host 115.x.x.x eq 5060 log

permit tcp any host 115.x.x.x range 49152 65535 log

permit udp any range 2326 2500 host 115.x.x.x range 2326 2500 log

permit udp any range 5555 5574 host 115.x.x.x range 5555 5574 log

permit udp any host 115.x.x.x range 11000 20999 log

permit icmp any host 115.x.x.x log

permit ip any host 115.x.x.x log

permit udp any host 115.x.x.x log

permit tcp any host 115.x.x.x log

permit ip host 115.x.x.x any log

I get successful NAT translations, ACL hits too.

As per the endpoints are considered, all are configured same and kept H323 profile 1 as default for all the devices.

Regards,

Ninad Thakare

Hi Ninad,

Can you login to the API of both the codecs and issue the following command:

xconfig //NAT

Please paste the outputs for both here mentioning the working and the non working config.

Thanks

Mubashshir Akhtar
TelePresence Solution Group

Thanks Mubashshir Akhtar

This might sound to simple but has the site check and verified their camera source is selected for camera???

Also I have had similar issues and made sure encryption on both ends was selected and even had both end turn off encryption, and video than showed up. 

Not sure if that helps but something to check.

Chet Cronin

Chet Cronin

That's a valid point Chet. I thought of it too initially but then it was neglected as Ninad mentioned that the video call from Site A to Site B works okay.

Thanks

Mubashshir Akhtar

Thanks Mubashshir Akhtar

Hi Mubashshir,

I am working on API login credentials. will paste those in a short time.

Regards,

Ninad Thakare

Thanks Chet for your reply.

But, the video work fine from site A to B and even from site B to same Public IP's from secondary ISP.

Main question for wich I am thinking alot is that, at present Site A & B are connected through VPN on the current Primary ISP link only, so there wont be any problem with the ISP too or with the router.

And, is there any option on endpoints to accept the connection from the Public IP of the Test sites...? Can we mention so..?

H323 profile is selected on the endpoints.

Regards,

Ninad Thakare

You mention that the video works in a call from Site A to Site B.

Does the video still work when you call from Site B to Site A?

Wayne
--
Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Hi Wayne,

Yes. It works perfectly.

Regards,

Ninad Thakare

Thanks Ninad, just wanted to make sure that the incoming and outgoing were all working on both sites a and b.

The other thing that can break the H.323 call/video is any stateful packet inspection on firewalls between the two sites.  Just having the ports open isn't enough, the packet inspection needs to be turned off too.  I'd recommend that you check this with your firewall people/ISP to ensure that the traffic can pass beweeen the two sites unhindered.

Wayne

--

Please remember to rate responses and to mark questions as answered if appropriate.

Wayne
--
Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Thanks Wayne, We dont have firewall in between. Does ISP will cause these problem..? Then I need to talk with with my respective ISP. I am the Network guy, so can only work in my internal network if ISP is cause I will involve them. Should I..?

Hi Mubashshir,

These are the outputs which you asked for. This will helpful...?

Site A

Site B

Hi Ninad,

The Site B screenshot never made it through. Though I see that the NAT is disabled on the Site A. You need to enable the NAT if Site A is on a private IP address. In the H323 NAT Address, you need to input the natted IP address which you have configured on your router. Once you do this, it should resolve the issue if it's related to NAT.

Thanks
Mubashshir Akhtar

Thanks Mubashshir Akhtar

Hi Mubashshir,

The Site B is having the same output. But i will change them to following and will let you know :

Mode : ON

Address : 115.x.x.x    

Regards,

Ninad Thakare

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: