cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Room Kit Plus Turn Off "Wake" Prior to Meeting

noelhanson
Level 1
Level 1

We recently updated an SX-80 to a Room Kit Plus. There is a third-party control system (Crestron) that controls the AV devices in the room which causes displays and things in the room to turn on when the system wakes up from a standby state. The Room Kit is waking up 5 minutes prior to a scheduled meeting (WebEx), but we don't want it to because this turns on all displays in the room even when people aren't there. Instead, we'd like to have it only wake from standby when a user touches the Navigator panel. Is there a way to turn off the function that wakes the system up based on meeting times? I don't see anything in the administrator's guide that relates to this. 

Thanks!

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

I think that you would want to look at this setting.

0EC19306-378E-477D-A603-BEBE6CE5CD79.png

Apart from this please note that there was a long, years, time ago since Webex stopped being spelled with a capital E.

Response Signature

View solution in original post

@noelhanson wrote:

Is it possible this is related to software version?

Yes, the software version on the endpoint will vary what options are able to be turned on or off. 

The "WakeupAtMeetingStart" setting was introduced in one of the more recent software releases (RoomOS10.15), but as you're still on an old CE9.14 release (from May 2021), it won't be on your device.  You will need to update to a recent software version to be able to change this setting.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hard to say without knowing how your system is controlled or how you want it to operate in more detail - but if your Control system is going to perform all the wake up functions, then you could possibly disable the CEC control of the screens by the codec - that way the codec will not turn the screens on, and you'll need to use your control system to do so.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Thanks Wayne, but to clarify, I do want the codec waking up from standby to trigger the AV system to come on, because I want it to do so when a user touches the Cisco Navigator touch panel. Basically, I just don't want the codec to wake up based on a scheduled meeting; I only want it to wake up when someone engages with the Navigator touch panel. 

Right now the Room Kit Plus, in addition to waking up when someone touches the touch panel (which I do want it to do), it also wakes up 5 minutes prior to a scheduled meeting, regardless of if anyone is in the room engaging with the Navigator panel, and I don't want it to do that. 

I think that you would want to look at this setting.

0EC19306-378E-477D-A603-BEBE6CE5CD79.png

Apart from this please note that there was a long, years, time ago since Webex stopped being spelled with a capital E.

Response Signature

Hi Roger, thank you for the response. That does look to be the setting that I need, but I do not seem to have that option. Attached are screengrabs for what I see when searching for keyword 'wake', what I see under Configuration/Standby, and the software version this codec is on. Is it possible this is related to software version? Or is it user access level related (it's possible I don't have the correct access as this is a client's codec not my own and they set up the user for me). 

Appreciate the assistance. And thanks for the heads-up regarding Webex!

@noelhanson wrote:

Is it possible this is related to software version?

Yes, the software version on the endpoint will vary what options are able to be turned on or off. 

The "WakeupAtMeetingStart" setting was introduced in one of the more recent software releases (RoomOS10.15), but as you're still on an old CE9.14 release (from May 2021), it won't be on your device.  You will need to update to a recent software version to be able to change this setting.

Wayne

Hello,

I have the prblem that I don't have the option "WakeupAtMeetingStart" but my 3 devices (Room Kit Mini, Room Kit and Room Bar) are all running on RoomOS 11.0.1.9 adc13d8cb42.

do I have to set something else?

Thanks,

Michael

MichaSmu_0-1672991501620.png

MichaSmu_1-1672991532144.png