cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Screen Resolution of my participants

corp
Level 1
Level 1
Hi everyone, One thing that drives me crazy about WebEx is that when I start a meeting, I cannot see what the screen resolution is of my guest(s). I have been told by WebEx to just set my resolution to 1280x1024 or something, but some people are 1920x1080 (which is what I have) or 1366x768 (if they are on a laptop). If they have a high res screen (like me), it's silly for me to downgrade to a lower res and we both only use a portion of the screen, but if they have a crappy screen, I have to do that in order to not have it be tiny and blurry on their screen. So I spend the first 5 minutes of every meeting walking them through how to check their resolution, which starts the meeting/demo off on a shitty foot. WebEx obviously knows the resolution of the screen of every participant, so it should just let me see that! Or better yet, tell me the optimal resolution to set my screen to in order have it work for the lowest common denominator. So if I am presenting to someone at 1920x1080, and that's what I have, it would tell me to leave my res. But if someone joins who is 1440x900, it would suggest I set mine down to that so everyone can see it clearly. Does that make sense? Thanks for considering!!! Ben
3 Replies 3

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You should contact your Account Manager, they can relay your concerns to the WebEx group within Cisco.

Thanks, Patrick! I have no idea who my AM is or how to contact him/her. Any thoughts? I have submitted tickets about this but had no luck and the person I was working with didn't really seem to understand my concern

Couldn't find anything on Cisco.com, but found this email via Google: whoismyciscorep@cisco.com, it also said:

Be sure to include your first and last name, e-mail address, Cisco user ID, and state. Tell us the name of your organization and whether you are a partner or represent a state government, local government, K-12 education, or higher education entity.