Views
Helpful
Replies

Spark Room Kit Plus registration status

@Syed
Level 3
Level 3

Dear All,

I have registered cisco spark room kit plus with CUCM, but I do not see registration status and IP address of the Codec in cucm. The status is none.

Am I hitting any known bug?

CUCM version: 11.5.1.11900-26

SRK Version: ce 9.4.0 62bc0aa4505 2018-06-14

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Anurag Srivastava
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

If on device it is showing registered and on CUCM the status is unknown.
Please check whether you have proper device pack( 11.5.1.14064-1.cop) on CUCM or not?
If the device pack is correct then please try restarting the RIS and tomcat service on all nodes.

Thanks

Please let me know if it is helpful.

View solution in original post

Hello All,

Thank you so very much for your prompt responses.

i managed to fix this by reboot the whole cucm cluster

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Anurag Srivastava
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

If on device it is showing registered and on CUCM the status is unknown.
Please check whether you have proper device pack( 11.5.1.14064-1.cop) on CUCM or not?
If the device pack is correct then please try restarting the RIS and tomcat service on all nodes.

Thanks

Please let me know if it is helpful.

Thank you for your reply.

I have restarted the above said services with no success.

I found that there is no latest device package, as you suggested I am planning to install the device package.

I am seeing the latest device package version available 11.5(1.16083)  can I install the same or it is recommended to go with 11.5(1.14064) version.

Please assist, thank you

Hello,

Using the latest one is always good.

Please see the below link in order to install device pack-

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/compat/Devpacks_admin/CMDP_BK_CD82F19C_00_cisco-unified-communications-manager-device/Cisco_Unified_Communications_Manager_Device_Package_Installation_and_Administration.html

Thanks.

Please rate if it is helpful...

Hello,
Please see current device package version below.
admin:show version active
Active Master Version: 11.5.1.11900-26
Active Version Installed Software Options:
cmterm-devicepack11.5.1.13037-1.cop
Do I still need to consider device package upgrade? Can you tell me the exact reason, please?

Hello,

I have seen some cases in which upgrading latest device pack resolves the issue.

It seems to be a CUCM issue as the device is register but the status is not correct on CUCM.

For detailed troubleshooting you can open a TAC case.

Thanks 

Please rate if it is helpful...

Hello All,

Thank you so very much for your prompt responses.

i managed to fix this by reboot the whole cucm cluster

I had a bug very similar to this....

If you can confirm the following:
1. You have added the device to CUCM and it's showing as Spark Room Kit Plus on the device page

2. It shows "registered" when you login to the codec via the Web GUI

3. It does NOT show as "registered" on CUCM.

This happened to me - I had to install a new device pack in order to add the Room Kit Plus to CUCM, however CUCM wouldn't see it until I rebooted all my CUCM nodes.  If you have the same symptoms as above and you have the opportunity, try rebooting all your CUCM nodes one by one (after hours, obviously).

Sergio Quezada
Level 1
Level 1
On CCM UI the Spark room kit registration status shows as None CSCvg81698 Symptom: On CCM UI the Spark room kit registration status shows as None Conditions: When adding spark room kit devices. Workaround: restart Cisco CallManager service on the cluster/node where the device is going to register Further Problem Description: Applicable to releases that include CSCvd22818 or a DevPack that includes CSCvd22818. https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvg81698/?referring_site=ss&dtid=osscdc000283
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: