cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SpeakerTrack60 with Ceiling Speakers

f-ahmed
Level 1
Level 1

We are planning to install ceiling speakers for video conferencing  in a boardroom that will have SpeakerTrack 60 installed with an SX80. Will the audio form the speakers cause an issue in the tracking process of the SpeakerTrack60? Has anyone tried this setup and faced any issues?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

They are all around the room, remember that speakertrack also uses facial tracking on top of the directional microphone, so I doubt it would switch to the wrong location.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

I'm not sure what the official response it, but I'm running 2 x SX80s with Speakertrack in rooms with ceiling speakers and haven't had any issues.

Nick, thanks for the feedback. Just to get an idea, how far were the ceiling speakers from the speakertrack?

They are all around the room, remember that speakertrack also uses facial tracking on top of the directional microphone, so I doubt it would switch to the wrong location.

I didn't realize it was using facial recognition as well. Thank you for clearing that up.

The SX80 supports using both the SpeakerTrack 60 and external loud speakers, the only stipulation is that it's not recommended to use local speech reinforcement as it can interfere with the tracking.

To see how SpeakerTrack 60 works and how well it will work in your room, you can enable diagnostic mode.

TC Software:

xCommand Experimental SpeakerTrack Diagnostics Start Tracking: On
xCommand Experimental SpeakerTrack Diagnostics Stop

CE Software:

xCommand Cameras SpeakerTrack Diagnostics Start Tracking: On
xCommand Cameras SpeakerTrack Diagnostics Stop

Thanks Patrick. If we are not using local speech reinforcement, then we are only hearing the far side on the external speakers, correct? What about large meeting rooms where local speech requirement is required? Will an external AEC help?

Local speech reinforcement is used if you want the presenters audio to be heard in the room, example is a large lecture hall.

Using Extra Loudspeakers and Sound Reinforcement

It should be possible with AEC to use SpeakerTrack 60 and local speech reinforcement together, but SpeakerTrack 60 is really used for rooms that shouldn't need reinforcement, based on the SpeakerTrack 60 Install Guide the microphone range is only 30ft.

ok, thanks for the help. Greatly appreciated!