cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Split screen video (far-side video + document camera)

Matthew Berry
Level 1
Level 1

I have a customer who recently transitioned to a VCS Control and Expressway environment, with endpoints existing on both CUCM and VCS. The reason for this is due to supportability. All C20 and C40 endpoints are on CUCM. Legacy Tandberg and Polycom units are registered to VCS.

The customer has a few endpoints that previously used the split screen video conferencing feature, whereby end-users were able to view (1) the far-end party and (2) the document camera. They claim now that the legacy Tandberg's are on VCS, the split screen no longer works. I don't see how VCS would control the split screen video capabilities.

Has anyone dealt with split screen extensively? I've poked around on the different endpoints, but so far haven't been able to determine a fix to allow the split screen capability on these legacy MXPs.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Matthew Berry | Solutions Architect, CCIE #26721 (Voice) World Wide Technology, Inc. | +1 612-219-0040 PS Engineering: Innovate & Ignite
2 Replies 2

Jens Didriksen
Level 9
Level 9

We use VCS-C/VCS-E and have a large number of both MXPs and C-series and I have never encountered the problem you describe, and you're right; the VCS does not control the split screen video capabilites, so this is just a coincidence.

So what are they actually seeing; document camera only? if so, is this actually being sent as the presentation stream?

If it is sent as a presentation stream; has the monitor config settings been changed on the MXP?

We use split-screen with systems using a single monitor, but these must be configured with "Dual Monitor" set to "off" and "Picture Layot" set to "picture out of picture".

Mind you, users can change what they see locally by using the "Layout" button on their remote control as well, so user error cannot be discarded either.

Oh, and it might be an idea to re-boot the systems...

/jens

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

It would also be interesting to hear from what they migrated and how they handled their meetings before,

maybe you also introduced a MCU or the multisite where they normaly met was MXP now its C or the polycoms

so the look and feel changed.

Also what software versions you run could be of interest

Its often not so easy to map a user error report to the real cause, try to be open and listen and look yourself

if its possible what they experiance.

Things what might be able to change the user experiance here as well

* a management software which changed some settings

* changes on the endpoint / infrastructure / network

* bandwidth limitations (links/pipes)

* MTP in between VCS and CUCM

* lacking BFCP in between VCS / CUCM

* firewall with ALG / inspection, ...

* additional devices in the path (cube, ...)

* change of endpoint software

* problems with secondary monitors

* change in usage

* and so on ...

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify