cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SX20 Shares Content Audio When Not Sharing Content

Will.Radford
Level 1
Level 1

I have an SX 20 that is sending content audio to the far when share content is NOT selected.

Also, I am not sending content video when share content mode IS selected. Yes I'm sending video to the input and Yes the 2nd input is set for content and the PC is at that input.

Any ideas on what may be causing the issue?

3 Replies 3

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The 3.5mm content audio input on the SX20 always plays the content locally, as well as to the far end when in a call.

There is no way to alter this.  The solution is to mute the device you have plugged in to the content input on the endpoint when you don't want it to be playing sound.

If you need to have this behaviour switchable, I'd suggest you log a feature request through your local Cisco Account Manager for investigation and possible inclusion in a future update.

(Note: we actually have a use case for how it is now.)

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

.....well doh - I was thinking of C40 etc where we use HDMI and applied the fix I mentioned :o

/jens

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

Jens Didriksen
Level 9
Level 9

Yes, you're using HDMI for audio so you need to mute this when video (presentation) is not active; you can do that either through the web gui;

System Configuration/Audio/Input/HDMI 1 Mode/Line 1 VideoAssosciation/MuteOnInactiveVideo - set this to "On" and save, or you can do this using SSH:

xConfiguration Audio Input Line[1] VideoAssociation MuteOnInactiveVideo: On

Edit: Got my codecs mixed up - the above works fine for C-series.

/jens