Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SX80 display to look like C-series defaults

My experience with the SX80 is limited and from the point of view of an AMX programmer.  

I was working yesterday on a new SX80 system with a dual monitor.  As far as I remember, with the C-series units, the default display worked as follows.

Output 1 was the far-end image.  Output 2 is the near end.  This would be in a normal call with no content being presented.

We generally would set up the displays so that the left was the far end image and the right was the near end.

Before making a call, the menu and other navigation items were on the left display and the right display would be either blank or show the near camera view.  (I don't remember).

In a call, the left was the far camera, and the right was the near.

When the near end displayed content, it appeared on the left display, the far end camera view moved to the right screen, and the near end camera view was displayed on the right screen in a PiP window.  The same would be true when the far end sent content.

With the SX80, when not in a call, I get a clock picture on the left screen with the near end camera view in a PiP window.  The right screen is a blank blue screen.  

When in a call, the far end camera is on the left screen (replacing the blue clock) and the near end is still in the PiP.  The only time the right screen shows anything other than the blank blue is when the near or far end is sending content.

How can I make the SX80 behave like the C-series behaved?  I'm afraid that the guys that set up the SX80 must have screwed something up with the configuration.

Thanks,

Danny

3 Replies 3

Jens Didriksen
Level 9
Level 9

SX80 admin guide: http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/endpoint/sx-series/tc7/administration-guide/sx80-administrator-guide-tc73.pdf - see Video Output section.

Sounds like this one has second monitor configured with Monitor Role as "Presentation Only", just change this to "Second".You might have to play around with "selfview" settings as well so this goes to full screen instead of pip.

/jens

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

In addition to what Jens has mentioned already, make sure that Video Monitors is set to Dual if it's not already.  To get selfview on the second screen, you'll need to change the following two settings:

• Video SelfviewDefault Fullscreen: On
  • Video SelfviewDefault OnMonitorRole: Second

One possibility you can try is to compare the configuration of the Video settings between the C40 and SX80, because they both run TC software, the settings will be very similar.  There is probably something configured on the SX80 that is different then what is on the C40, comparing the two configurations might help.

Jens and Patrick,

Thanks for the info.  I'll be going back to the site tomorrow and will try your suggestions.

Danny