cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TC 6.X on EX endpoints

Darin Walker
Level 1
Level 1

Can anyone confirm if speaker phone can be locked down on TC6.X EX series endpoints registered to CUCM 9.1(2)? I'm hoping it can be treated like other 79XX series VoIP phones. Thanks.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

3 Replies 3

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Not sure about when connected to CUCM as I don't have one... but in the TC6.3 software, via the GUI, there is an option "InternalSpeaker Mode" which can be set to Off.  This disables the internal speaker so would effectively do what you're after.  You can get it via the CLI too: xConfiguration Audio InternalSpeaker Mode: Off

Wayne

--

Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Darin Walker
Level 1
Level 1

Unfortunately that disables the audible ringing. I'm only looking to disable speaker phone.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

I guess, the next closet thing would be that you can set the "PreferredOuputConnector" to the Handset/Headset/BlueTooth device (whichever you use)... it doesn't really stop someone from clicking on the speaker selector on the touchpanel though to enable the "speakerphone".

Maybe your best bet would be to log a feature requrest for inclusion in one of the upcoming versions of the TC software.  If it's deemed important enough by the "powers-that-be", it may be included in TC7.1.x (I've heard the feature set for TC7.0 has been finalised due to its imminent release next month).

Wayne

--

Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.