Helpful
Replies

TCS Offline services

mimomhaz333_2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

This is Mohamed,

I started TCS implementaion, Then I found a message that I should change the administrator Password, I did that but I found TCS not running, I restarted the TCS and re-changed the old password the TCS GUI opened but shown as Offline.

When I checked the Windows servers it showed as running!

So could you please help me How to bring it Online?

10 Replies 10

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

How is your TCS configured, be as specfic as possible.

Offline status can mean several things, such as it can't connect to the external storage if configured to use it, or the TCS services are stopped on the server, etc.

Hi Patrick,

Thank you for your response.

My colleague Hisham will describe the exact case with snapshoots soon.

As Partick has said above, the more information you can give us on how you've configurd your device, the better we will be able to assist.

Does your TCS use the local, or external storage?

Does your TCS use a local, or off-box SQL server?

Does everything work if you change the windows administrator account password back to what it was before?

At a quick guess, it sounds like you have all the services configured to run under the "administrator" account rather than a seperate service account.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Hi Wayne,

Firstly,Thank you for your help,

The TCS use Local Storage.

The TCS use Local Database.

We use the administrator user but no service is running as shown in above Pic by Hisham.

What happened exactly, We got the TCS from the box, then we changed the IP address, then windows asked to change the password we changed it, then it showed offline as shown in above Pic.

We didn't do any extra configuration it's brand new box.

Thanks and BR

Zamzam

What happens when you try to start the service?

What messages are showing in the Windows Event Viewer relating to that service?

Perhaps a re-install of the TCS software could help too.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

I have no TCS 6.0, but from my experience in installing TCS 3.0 to TCS 5.X, I knew that there are 3 group of licenses in the registry table. The last group is bundled with one MAC address. If one changed his VM or Ethernet NIC, the TCS needs a new license.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/t31/976424_10151420477271336_422618335_o.jpg

https://scontent-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/t31/964780_10151420047846336_1114763773_o.jpg

Hello Zetter

Thanks for help i am Hisham , After reverted the administrator password to default and i restarted the TCS server , all windows services started there aren't problem in widows services related to TCS like TCS server and TCS content engine ...etc

the main problem that when i access the TCS through HTTP and typing the authentication we appeared in home page or overview page " the server mod is offline " as the attached file but remember all windows services running but the TCS Content Engine not running into TCS GUI but running from windows services

Thanks Zetter and sorry for disturbance

Best Regards,

Hisham

Hi Mr Patrick

Thanks for interesting with this issue so when i change the administrator password of local machine and i restarted the TCS server , this issue appeared that the server mode converted from ready to offline and when i restarted content engine service inside TCS GUI it responds " Failed to start content engine services" and i checked with all services from windows services i found that all services running without any problem. so please check the attached file to show this error

We don't have a 3rd Gen TCS, but in the past using the previous 1st and 2nd generation content servers, I've never had a problem with the windows TCS services not starting simply because of changing the default admin password.  What account does the services show there trying to run under?

Have you tried to go through the TCS 6.0 getting started guide from the beggining, how did you change the password, did you do it like the guide states?

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/tcs/6_0/quick/start/quick_start.html#wp1026168

deeswain
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Mohamed,

Can you restart the content engine from the Windows services. According to your description it should not come up. Wait for a couple of minutes. Now RDP to the TCS server and go to E:\Logs. Collect the latest Content engine logs and provide me the content of the log. The error should be clearly mentioned here.