cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Telepresence Devices not showing "Alerting Name" information on outbound call ringing

lfulgenzi
Level 7
Level 7

I'm not sure if this is working by design or not, it would be a shame if it was, but when I place an outbound call from a telepresence device, SX20 w/ TC & RoomKit w/ CE, the alerting name information on the called party is not displayed. When the call is connected, the Call Display information of the connected party is presented.

Just wondering if this is a setting somewhere or not.

CUCM v11.5(1)SU4

3 Replies 3

Have you got the "System Name" under "Product Specific Configuration Layout" set on the CUCM device page?

And have you go thr Display (Caller ID) set under the line?

Hi and thanks for your suggestion. I’ll take a look at those options when I get back to the office, however, I’m not sure that’ll help.

The device (Jabber in this instance) that I’m calling from the TP endpoint has the DN configured properly for both Alerting Display and (regular) Display.

When the Jabber endpoint picks up, the OSD of the TP endpoint changes to show the display information. But it never updates to show the alerting display information when the ringing is happening. This is the behaviour on hard phones as well as Jabber clients. The far end information of the called party is displayed on the calling party device.

lfulgenzi
Level 7
Level 7

Turns out, it’s a bug. And one that isn’t likely to be fixed. :(

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvi70756

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: