cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Telepresence help

kingpowerepie1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi am Kingsley from Cameroon, a final year student in telecommunications. I have been asked to deploy Video Conferencing in the company where am doing my internship.

Since the company just acquired a BE6K, i have designed everything but i have a problem with understanding what is exactly needed for a video conference between my company and another company?

Since there are 22 offices in total spread out among the head office and the company's remote sites, I know for each endpoint, a VCS license worth $650 dollars right? but what about a B2B call, since i don't know how many of such calls the company is going to make, how do i know how many licenses to buy?

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

B2B calls require Rich Media Licenses, and you need to have the same amount on EXP-C and EXP-E for that (You'll use one license on each). You need to have a ballpark number of how many simultaneous calls they want to have at any given time to buy the licenses.

I suggest you reach a local Cisco partner for assistance, if you're not a partner, you'll need to, as you won't be doing any buying yourself.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks for your reply. 

Your answer to my preoccupations would help me enormously :

1) Please i don't understand what Rich Media Licenses are?

2) I thought the VCS licenses i am to get for the 22 endpoints we are acquiring already contains Expressway-C and Expressway-E?

3) We expect to have at most 7 partners participate in a single video conference at the same time, so please what license should i buy given that i have listed the following endpoints to be bought:

Cisco Telepresence VCS license for 22 endpoints, Cisco Telepresence Content Server, Cisco Telepresence MCU 5320, 2 MX800, 6 MX700, 1 MX300 G2, 11 MX200 G2 and an SX20 to adapt on a screen we have.

thanks