Views
Helpful
Replies

TMS Custom Command Boot

philokoi1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I want to boot systems using the TMS Template with a custom command.

Do you know the syntax of this command?

Thank you,

Philippe

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Glad you were able to get it working for all your various endpoints!

Don't forget to set your question as answered, by marking relevant replies correct to help others that might have the same issue find the solution.

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

philokoi1
Level 1
Level 1

I tried this custom command without success.

<Command><Boot><Action><ValueSpace><Value>Restart</Value></ValueSpace></Action></Boot></Command>

Regards,

Philippe

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

What type of system are you trying to reboot using TMS?

TMS supports rebooting managed endpoints, there is a predefined command for it, so no need to use a custom command.

• Category: TMS Commands
  • Setting: Reboot this system
  • System Type: Other

Hi Patrick,

I already tried this command, but it doesn't work, I get following error message:

A template value was rejected by "SystemName". Location: /Configuration[1]/Reason[1]

We have MX300G2, P42-C20, SX80 and EX60/90.

Regards,

Philippe

I tested the reboot command on an SX80 with no issue, once I pushed the configuration template out, it restarted immediately.

appl[1668]: 1129392.57 XapiFsm ERROR: CUIL reboot requested
eventlog[1668]: bootnotifier: Boot is requested

Check the most recent log bundle, log.tar.gz, and see if you see the reboot request.

Hi Patrick,

This is what I have found in the logs.

2017-08-03T09:00:35.817+02:00 ppc appl[2840]: 579162.08 CuilApp   User admin(1001) failed to change configuration 'Config/Standby[1]/BootAction[1]' to 'None' from 10.121.226.63.

Best regards,

Philippe

Patrick,

The tests were made on my system, an EX90, I tried on a SX-80, P42-C2 and on a MX300G2, there it works.

Maybe a bug on the EX90.

Best regards,

Philippe

What system was the Config/Standby[1]/BootAction[1] applied to?

That is used to configure standby, could it be possible that you accidentally selected the wrong setting for this particular system or configuration template?

Hi Patrick,

It was my EX90.

No, I didn't change anything to the template, I tried again this morning on my EX90 and now it works, I don't understand why.

Thank you for your help.

Philippe

Glad you were able to get it working for all your various endpoints!

Don't forget to set your question as answered, by marking relevant replies correct to help others that might have the same issue find the solution.

philokoi1
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you Patrick for your help