Views
Helpful
Replies

TMS Integration with WebeX

Saurabh Gupta
Level 3
Level 3
Hi Team,

My Customer has a TMS and they are currently also using webex services purchased from
Cisco.

They want to integrate TMS with Webex so that if the individual users book the conference
through TMS Scheduler , they would also be able to add webex into the conference.

I went through TMS 13.2 install guide but unfortunately there is no enough information on
webex integration. 

Please let me know what all information are required to integrate TMS with Webex and if
going forward we integrate TMS with TMSXE, will it work?

Regards,

Saurabh

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Saurabh

From the TMS 13.1 release notes

Improved WebEx Scheduling support

The possibility to include WebEx Conference in conferences is improved in Cisco TMS 13.1.

Web conferencing is an option provided by Cisco TMS, allowing web-based collaboration (f.ex share desktop) to be booked together with a video/audio conference. When you book a conference, check Include WebEx Conference in Booking > New Conference. When you book via the Cisco Scheduler booking interface, check Include WebEx Online Conference in the Book Meeting Room page.

The confirmation email will contain a link for the participants to use to connect.

To select default meeting type, go to:

1. Administrative Tools > Conference Settings.

2. A drop down box with alternatives will be displayed.

The main improvements to this service are that any changes made to a scheduled conference in Cisco TMS 13.1 such as time, date, duration will also update the WebEx meeting.

A new option is Default WebEx meeting type, which can be found in Administrative Tools > Configuration > Conference Settings > Conference Create Options, field WebEx meeting type. The available meeting types are taken from the WebEx server and are displayed in a drop down box. The selected option will be used as the default meeting type for all WebEx conferences.

Cisco TMS 13.1 will also send any scheduled WebEx conference details to the endpoint if the scheduled conference is a One Button to Push (OBTP) conference. The details of the WebEx conference will be displayed with the meeting information displayed on the screen of a CTS or TC5 system.

I'm not sure if this will work with TMSXE but you can enable TMS to add a webex to all conferences

So when the a booking is coming in from TMSXE it should include a webex for this as well. I have not tested it but someone else might be able to verify this. Or if you have set it up it would not be to much of a hassle to test it.

Best Regards

Magnus Ohm

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Saurabh

From the TMS 13.1 release notes

Improved WebEx Scheduling support

The possibility to include WebEx Conference in conferences is improved in Cisco TMS 13.1.

Web conferencing is an option provided by Cisco TMS, allowing web-based collaboration (f.ex share desktop) to be booked together with a video/audio conference. When you book a conference, check Include WebEx Conference in Booking > New Conference. When you book via the Cisco Scheduler booking interface, check Include WebEx Online Conference in the Book Meeting Room page.

The confirmation email will contain a link for the participants to use to connect.

To select default meeting type, go to:

1. Administrative Tools > Conference Settings.

2. A drop down box with alternatives will be displayed.

The main improvements to this service are that any changes made to a scheduled conference in Cisco TMS 13.1 such as time, date, duration will also update the WebEx meeting.

A new option is Default WebEx meeting type, which can be found in Administrative Tools > Configuration > Conference Settings > Conference Create Options, field WebEx meeting type. The available meeting types are taken from the WebEx server and are displayed in a drop down box. The selected option will be used as the default meeting type for all WebEx conferences.

Cisco TMS 13.1 will also send any scheduled WebEx conference details to the endpoint if the scheduled conference is a One Button to Push (OBTP) conference. The details of the WebEx conference will be displayed with the meeting information displayed on the screen of a CTS or TC5 system.

I'm not sure if this will work with TMSXE but you can enable TMS to add a webex to all conferences

So when the a booking is coming in from TMSXE it should include a webex for this as well. I have not tested it but someone else might be able to verify this. Or if you have set it up it would not be to much of a hassle to test it.

Best Regards

Magnus Ohm

Sudheer Kumar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Saurabh,

Today TMS doesn’t support integration with the webex and today this is supported in CTS manager only. However, there are future plans in the upcoming releases where you could integrate your TMS with the webex such that webex users can be added to the telepresence meetings and so on.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Sudheer

berenyi.peter
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

is it possible to integrate with Webex through a proxy? I've got a TMS server (ver. 13.1.2) that has internet access only through a proxy. I could configure proxy settings for the Automatic Software updates and that is working correctly, but I found no settings for the web conferencing and that's not working.

Thanks

Peter