Replies

TMS Upgrade SQL database 2005 to 2008

Georg Kehrer
Level 4
Level 4

Hi

I have the follow Situation

TMS 13.x connect to a external SQL Sever 2005

Is it possible to upgrade a TMS SQL Database (tmsng) from 2005 to 2008?

Because we are using a external Database SQl 2005, now the SQL team would Upgrade the SQL Server to 2008 also all Database which are exist on this server. The told me they have a script which are compile all entry from 2005 to 2008.

Is this save to do that?

Has anybody do that?

Regards

Georg

4 Replies 4

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The 2008 sql server is backwards compatible so this should not be a problem. I load dbs coming from 2005 servers on my 2008 sql server all the time

/Magnus

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

By the way, always keep a backup regardless.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Ok, because in the last time was this exactly trying

I have made a backup on the SQL Express 2005 which was installed with tms 12.6 (maybe this is a Problemm express version)

than I have Installed a New TMS 13.1 on a new Server with SQL Express 2008 and have tried import this Database from 2005 (with SQL Studio Express), than I have got the failure that this is not possible.

Ok now in this situation we haven't Express version,

Thanks

Regards

Georg

Oh I think I have now found the Problem which Have mad in the last time.

I think I must use the SQL Upgrade Advisor

Microsoft® SQL Server® 2008 R2 Upgrade Advisor

• Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 Upgrade Advisor analyzes instances of SQL Server 2000, SQL Server 2005 and SQL Server 2008 in preparation for upgrading to SQL Server 2008 R2. Upgrade Advisor identifies feature and configuration changes that might affect your upgrade, and it provides links to documentation that describes each identified issue and how to resolve it. 

Regards

Georg

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: