Views
Helpful
Replies

TMSXE confirmation emails

George Thomas
Level 10
Level 10

Hello,

Is it possible to suppress the confirmation emails that are being sent out by TMSXE?

Thanks in advance!

George

Please rate useful posts.
9 Replies 9

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Are you referring to the TMS conference invite emails?  If so, those are coming from TMS as the conference is being scheduled, you'd have to disable SMTP if you want them to stop.

The issue is I dont have any SMTP related configuration enabled on TMS but I do still get those emails. If you look in TMSXe, there is an option to "enable" meeting confirmation even when a single system is scheduled whivh to me seems that TMSXe is sending these emails.

In the past, I was under the impression that TMS sends these emails but I am confused now.

Please rate useful posts.

It appears the "Enable email Notification for Single System Booking" is new, however I would think that the email would still come from TMS.

Can you confirm SMTP isn't in use, in TMS check under Admin Tools > Configuration > Email Settings, make sure there isn't any SMTP Server present.

The only thing I can think of is that there isn't a way to disable the confirmation when using TMSXE, but that is just a guess.

Shea Sivell
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Currently this can’t be disabled as it is hard coded into TMSXE.

See feature request linked bleow:

CSCvb75973 Enhancement: Add Option to Enable/Disable the meeting confirmation sent to the meeting host in TMSXE. 

Thanks,

If it's not possible to disable the confirmation email sent by TMSXE, is it possible to modify the subject from "CONFIRMED"?  I've looked in TMS for a template for this but can't seem to find it, and not sure if this would be in TMS or is specific to TMSXE and cannot be modified.

Sent: Tuesday, July 25, 2017 3:36 PM
To: Charest, Ray <user@example.com>
Subject: CONFIRMED:

domain\user invites you to this meeting.

Tuesday, July 25, 2017, 4:00 PM | 30 min

(UTC-05:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada)

An agenda has not been added for this meeting

Join Using Telepresence

Video address: 738594440@example.webex.com

Locations:

Conference Room

Need more details about joining the meeting using telepresence?

https://1.1.1.1/tms/mlp.aspx?ConfId=263

Having trouble joining from a telepresence room? Get help.

Hey Guys,

Was this ever resolved within a new release of TMSXE? I have a customer that is now migrating to Webex CMR Cloud entirely (with TMSXE for OBTP on on-prem registered devices) and this is causing confusion for users, as they are seeing an Exchange confirmation for the room resource as well as the TMSXE confirmation with duplicate (and erroneous) conference info.

The enhancement request to disable the booking confirmation from TMS that Shea mentions is still open, currently TMS will send out confirmation emails when a video conference is scheduled and can't be disabled at this time.
Something I did for our users when booking via Outlook is add a customized response to the mailbox with some text that tells them to expect a confirmation email containing the details of the video conference once it's scheduled.

Hi Patrick,

Did you add customized response on exchange mailbox or TMS email template? can you please explain as I would like to do the same until Cisco enable this feature to 'disable' email notification option in TMSXE.

Thanks

Room Mailbox properties > Resource Information tab > Add additional text

Customize the Response Message for Resource Scheduling

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: