cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TP upgrade

ambi
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a single link from where we can ascertain on how to upgrade my TP system to release 1.9 and CUCM 9.1.2

below are the details of existing firmware details

CUCM - 7.1.3

CTMS - 1.6.4

CTSman - 1.6.5

CTS 3010 - 1.6.5

7975 - 8.5.3-SR1

i am struggling to find details and a recommended upgrade path

thanks

Ambi

4 Replies 4

Martin Koch
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Ambi!

Maybe that page helps you:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/community/netpro/collaboration-voice-video/ip-telephony/blog/2013/05/20/drive-to-9

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

While the CUCM upgrade will be the biggest task, the other components will need to be upgraded individually - you would need to read the upgrade guides for each system.  Also note that CTS is now on 1.10(?)

Thanks guys

The plan is to migrate the CUCM to UCS hardware so i can have the CUCM 9.1.(x) directly installed parallely along with CTSman.

Only the codecs are required to be upgraded from 1.6 to 1.9 and the CTMS

so if i choose the upgrade path of 1.6 - 1.7 - 1.8 and then to 1.9 of these endoints , whether i should keep the old CUCM version or put them into new

ambi@cisco wrote:

so if i choose the upgrade path of 1.6 - 1.7 - 1.8 and then to 1.9

According to the CTMS Release Notes you won't need to go through quite as many steps.  "For each CTMS software release, we support an upgrade path from the previous two releases."  So you'll be able to go from 1.6 -> 1.7/1.8 -> 1.9.  Will save you one upgrade step.

Wayne

--

Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.