Views
Helpful
Replies

Transfer SQL database TMS to external server

cmailleur
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everybody,

I try to transfer a SQL database TMS 13.1.1 from the server W2K3TMS\SQLTMS to a external server W2K3MSSQL but I have thi error message :

2012-08-14_12h00_04.png

2012-08-14_11h57_44.png

Someone know the problem ??

Thanks for your help !!

Christopher.

5 Replies 5

Kjetil Ree
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It is probably a problem with read/write permissions to the \Backup folder on the new server; could it be that the user you are logged in as doesn't have the necessary rights?

-Kjetil

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

In addition to what Kjetil is saying here an alternative way can be to disable the SQL services on the old SQL server for a moment, then copy the TMSNG.mdf + TMSNG_LOG.ldf somewhere, then start the SQL service again. Take the two files and place them in the datafolder of the new SQL server. Right click the database folder and select attach, select the tmsng database in the list and you should be good to go.

/Magnus

Thanks for feedback, but where I can put the two files exactly !

Christopher;

To be honest, this becomes more a MS SQL support request rather then a Cisco TP related part :-)

Do you have any MS / SQL IT personal in house? That would be the perfect time to involve them.

As you already have other dbs in place the db admin should know where they are placed.

Besides that you find plenty of info about that on the net:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/224071

And there is also a Microsoft forum:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/category/sqlserver

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

I agree with Martin but this is something that we will be able to help you with, but then I would suggest a TAC case and not this forum since a webex will resolve this pretty quickly I guess.

But it's generally the customers responsibility to administer the SQL and the permissions in their environment.

/Magnus

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: