Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable To Get Video from Codec HDMI to SDI Multicast Stream

JayDMitchell
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, 

I have a SX80 Codec that transmits Webcast content.  I added a CC Engine between the Codec and the Multicast Stream Encoder.  I am able to receive Audio. I am not able to Receive Video on the far end of the multicast stream.  Previously, When HDMI was straight connected to the Encoder, Video and Audio worked. When I added the SDI to incorporate the CC Engine, I lost video, but kept Audio. 

Audio and Video Data is green and transmitting on the Encoder, and the Server.  Would you have any solution for the why the SDI video connection is not working?

The Current Configuration:

Codec < HDMI < to HDMI/SDI Splitter < SDI Cable In < Closed Captioning Engine < SDI Cable Out < Multicast Stream Encoder.

Thanks!

J

3 Replies 3

Patrick McCarthy
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The resolution/framerate on the HDMI output is settable - if I'm not mistaken that is 1080/60 by default - perhaps try changing that setting? I don't know what your splitter supports. 

Where and how can I change the HDMI output?

Splitter Supports:
A or Be Level SDI Outputs
6G-SDI for SD, HD and ULtra HD up to 2160p60
1080i
1080p
Supports: 525i59.94 through 2160p30

It's all in the manual - I don't know what SW version you are running, but here's the latest - what you are looking for is on 234:

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/endpoint/ce913/sx80-administrator-guide-ce913.pdf

You have two things to worry about - what the splitter supports and also what the encoder supports. Your codec is probably on auto by default.