Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to make calls to CUCM from VCS

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Guys,

I have vcs ver 7.x with h323 endpoints registered. I also have cucm ver 8.6 with jabber registered to it. I am trying to setup an integration between VCS end CUCM. I have configured everything..Setup cucm as a neighbour, setup transforms and search rules. I can succesfully call from Jabber to codecs, but when I try to call from Codec (c60) to Jabber I get internal server error...... I enabled diagnostic loggin and here is what I see...

After the endpoing sent a ARQ, VCS does a seacrh and sends a RIP then sends the ff:

Detail="Sending RAS ARJ  SeqNum=37048  Reason='undefined reason' "

2014-01-30T16:11:57+00:00 FALHM-SCR01 tvcs: UTCTime="2014-01-30 16:11:57,473" Module="network.h323" Level="DEBUG":  Dst-ip="10.105.68.141"  Dst-port="1719"

Sending RAS PDU:

value RasMessage ::= admissionReject :

{

requestSeqNum 37048,

rejectReason undefinedReason : NULL

Detail="Sending RAS ARJ  SeqNum=37048  Reason='undefined reason' "

2014-01-30T16:11:57+00:00 FALHM-SCR01 tvcs: UTCTime="2014-01-30 16:11:57,473" Module="network.h323" Level="DEBUG":  Dst-ip="10.105.68.141"  Dst-port="1719"

Sending RAS PDU:

value RasMessage ::= admissionReject :

{

requestSeqNum 37048,

rejectReason undefinedReason : NULL

The call was rejected immediately........When i check on seacrh history..I get internal server error..

What could be wrong here folks...floor is open

Please rate all useful posts

"The essence of christianity is not the enthronement but the obliteration of self --William Barclay"       

6 Replies 6

asafayan
Level 4
Level 4

Is the C60 registered to the VCS via SIP as well? If so, does the call work from the C60 as a SIP call? 

Does the functioning call from Jabber to C60 go SIP to SIP or is it traversal call?

Hi Amir..

The C60 is registered as H323. The call from jabber is a traversal calll...sip>h323...

on That note can ypupls explain why a traversal call goes via this route...

CUCM US -> Zone004ToTraversalSZ -> TraversalSubZone -> SubZone004ToTraversalSZ -> uk

"The essence of christianity is not the enthronement but the obliteration of self --William Barclay"

Try the call as a SIP call from the C60 to the CUCM registered Jabber client. Curious to know if that will work.

Also, see the attached VCS topology diagram named VCS_ZONES.jpg  I am a visual learner and must have a topology diagram to understand the many platforms that I support.  Additionally, this documentation makes clients VERY happy as they have a reference they can always refer to.

Newly created Zones and Subzones have, by default, two links.  One link to the DefaultSZ and one link to the TraversalSZ.  The names of these links are in the format "Zone00XTo"New Zone Name" where X is a number determined by how many zones and subzones have been previously created. 

I just created a zone named "New_Test_Zone" and it's two newly created links, coincidentally, were Zone007ToDefaultSZ and Zone007ToTraversalSZ. This means that I had previously created 6 zones. You can see those 6 zones in my topology diagram. 

I recommend renaming your default link names so that you can readily identify them.  You can then easily sort by the "Name" column header in the VCS Configuration >> Bandwidth >> Links page.  See the attached file VCS_Zones_1.jpg.

For example - I just made a SIP to SIP call from an VCS registered MX300 located in the NY1 Subzone to my CUCM registered Jabber client located in the  CUCM Zone.   To find it's path - locate the call details by clicking the "Local call serial number" hyperlink that can be found in numerous ways:

From Status >> Calls >> History  - find the call and click the hyperlinked "View" in the far right of the screen:

NY1 -> SubZone_NY1_To_DefaultSZ_Link -> DefaultSubZone -> Zone_CUCM_To_DefaultSZ_Link -> CUCM

While looking at my attached VCS_ZONES.jpg topology diagram - read the following explanation:

NY1 - this is subzone where the MX300 lives based on my Subzone membership rules that are based on source IP subnet of the codec

SubZone_NY1_To_DefaultSZ_Link - this is one of the 2 links that were created, by default, when I created my NY1 Subzone

DefaultSubZone - this is simply the name of the Default Subzone

Zone_CUCM_To_DefaultSZ_Link - this is one of the 2 links that were created, by default, when I created my CUCM Zone

CUCM - this is Zone where my Jabber lives

So with my topology diagram and renaming suggestion - you should be able to easily build a topology diagram for your environment - make a test call and visually understand why the call took the following path:

CUCM US -> Zone004ToTraversalSZ -> TraversalSubZone -> SubZone004ToTraversalSZ -> uk

CUCM US - this is the zone where you jabber client lives

Zone004ToTraversalSZ - this is the default link that represents the link from your CUCM US zone to the  Traversal Subzone

TraversalSubZone - this is simply the name of the TraveralSubZone in all it's glory

SubZone004ToTraversalSZ - this is default link that represents the link from the TraveralSubZone to your SubZone004

uk - this is the Subzone where you C60 lives

I would rename your links as follows:

Zone004ToTraversalSZ ---- to ---- Zone_CUCM_US_TO_TraversalSZ

SubZone004ToTraversalSZ ---- to ----- SubZone_UK_TO_TraversalSZ

Good luck and thank you SO much for your amazing help on this forum.  My little contribution PALES to the number of people you have help.  It is greatly appreciated!

Amir

Thank you for the detailed explanation. I have been able to get VCS to dial extensions in CUCM. I had to send the calls using address@domain...

I created a search rule that matches dialled number with extension@vcs.domain and sent it to cucm. I then set the cluster domain name on cucm to match vcs domain..

My question is this...Can VCS send calls directly to CUCM without appending the domain? In My scenario it just wont do that

Thank you for the compliments. We all make the forum an amazing place

The SIP URI should always be in the extension@address format.

I guess you could add a search rule to match number extensions and automatically add the @domain to the end to make it a proper URI format and forward on to your traversal zone.

That'd let you users just dial the number, and the @domain would be automagically added when passed to the CUCM.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Thanks. I think that was what I found out too...