cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to upgrade VC endpoints via TMS (Software FTP Directory not accessible via IIS/HTTP)

amine..dahel
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everybody,

I'm working on a TMS 14.6.2 and I'm trying to upgrade C20 endpoints using this latter. from TC7.3.1.8a4696f to TC7.3.5.

I managed to upload the .pkg file necessary for the upgrade, I have added the release key successfully on the endpoint.

When I scheduled the upgrade for a certain date, the upgrade fails and I get the message "Software FTP Directory not accessible via IIS/HTTP"

Can you, guys, give me some tips to solve the issue?

Thanks in advance, guys.

7 Replies 7

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

What software directory is TMS using, this can be seen under Systems > System Upgrade > Software Manager, the default location should be:

C:\Program Files (x86)\TANDBERG\TMS\wwwtms\public\data\SystemSoftware

Within IIS, it is located under the "tms" virtual directory.  You can change the software location using TMS Tools under Directory Locations.

Hi Patrick,

Thanks for the answer.

indeed, that's the exact directory path C:/...

I need to check wether the directory has the corect permission to be accessed by TMS can you show me how to do that?

Thanks in advance, Patrick.

Within IIS on the TMS server and check the tms/public virtual directory, the Directory Security should be set to Anonymous.  Refer to the Troubleshooting Guide for TMS.

Also, check to make sure that the address the endpoint is using for the upgrade is correct.  You can check using the endpoint's web interface under Configuration > System Status > Provisioning.

Another trick is to do a re-install of TMS - this should fix the permissions issues in IIS and at the OS level on the folders.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Thank you, guys, for tips.

I have checked the permissions on the folder C:\Program Files (x86)\TANDBERG\TMS\wwwtms\public\data\Software\ 

It turned out that this folder was not shared, so I enabled the sharing permission on this folder.

I'll schedule an upgrade and I'll get back to you with the upgrade results.

Best regards,

I'd double check your software folder, you said the path was correct in an earlier reply, but your most recent reply doesn't match the default location which should be:

C:\Program Files (x86)\TANDBERG\TMS\wwwtms\public\data\SystemSoftware

Hi Patrick,

thank you so much for your precious tips.

The problem is solved, the root cause was that the folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\TANDBERG\TMS\wwwtms\public\data\Software\  didn't have the sharing feature on, I have enabled it and from there, it's a smooth ride :)

Guys, you should be wearing masks and capes, because you're my heroes ;)

Thanks for everything,