Views
Helpful
Replies

Unreachable 990MXP

Visualcom23
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!

I need to do a factory reset on a system. Something that's fairly easy.

However, the menues don't show up on the screen, not from the S-video or the DVI outlets, and when I try to access the system via a serial cable I can't use it. I get the boot sequence but never the log on option. You can see how far I get via Puty on the attached file.

The system is set to a fixed ip-adress from a diferent network so I need to set it to DHCP before I can begin doing the factory reset.

How do I proceed?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Anthony Thomson
Level 3
Level 3

Use a crossover ethernet cable to connect a laptop directly to the ethernet port on the 990MXP.  Give the laptop an IP address  in the same subnet as the 990 (assuming you know what that is).  You'll then be able to use Telnet/SSH to connect to the codec.

If you don't know the fixed IP address the codec has, then you're in trouble.

Are you sure that just hitting the enter key in Putty after your boot sequence shown in the pic doesn't get you a logon prompt?  From what I remember on an MXP, that looks pretty normal, but I can't verify right now. (no mxp's handy anymore)

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Anthony Thomson
Level 3
Level 3

Use a crossover ethernet cable to connect a laptop directly to the ethernet port on the 990MXP.  Give the laptop an IP address  in the same subnet as the 990 (assuming you know what that is).  You'll then be able to use Telnet/SSH to connect to the codec.

If you don't know the fixed IP address the codec has, then you're in trouble.

Are you sure that just hitting the enter key in Putty after your boot sequence shown in the pic doesn't get you a logon prompt?  From what I remember on an MXP, that looks pretty normal, but I can't verify right now. (no mxp's handy anymore)

Thank you! It solved my problem compleetley!