Views
Helpful
Replies

Update Field failed on: Meetings_AcceptScheduling

jonathan54
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, trying to add a SX80 to my TMS 12.6, keep getting error

Update Field failed on: Meetings_AcceptScheduling: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Is this simply because I'm running an old version of TMS or can I fix with existing version?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Patrick McCarthy
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The oldest version of TMS that supports SX80's (with TC code) is 14.4, and if running CE code you need TMS 15.x. 

TMS 12.6 came out in 2010 - time for an upgrade!

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Patrick McCarthy
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The oldest version of TMS that supports SX80's (with TC code) is 14.4, and if running CE code you need TMS 15.x. 

TMS 12.6 came out in 2010 - time for an upgrade!

That's what I suspected. The ONLY reason we use TMS is to push the global phonebook on our endpoints (about 12). We can't justify the upgrade cost just for that. I was able to add it by going with the "pre register system" route, but it can't see the name of the unit. I suspect this is all related to the SQL database, with the SX80 having different field names and such.

If you're only using TMS to simply be a phone book server to a very few endpoints, why don't you create a local phone book and import that into each of the endpoints.  Because you have such a low number, it won't be too hard to manage the XML file of phone book entries and upload a new copy to each endpoint if there ever was an update to it.  The local phone book import/export feature is available in the wen interface for endpoints running TC7.3 and later (including CE software) under Configuration > Local Contacts Management.

Thanks for the info. We have MXP 3000 units and MXP 6000, and just got a SX80 last week. The 3000 and 6000 have a "Directory" file upload option under "endpoint configuration > files". I just tested it and the file format is .prm which I can't edit in notepad, but if I populate one unit I can download that file and upload on other units. A long process worth doing for now, just a pain when a unit gets moved to a different room or replaced!