Views
Helpful
Replies

Using Screen License with CMR Premises 6 Solution

Ahmed Abd El-Baky
Contributor
Contributor

Hi 

I purchased late last year Unified Workspace pro & Upgraded it to Multi Party Advanced to operate my Cisco Conferencing Solution , but now When the Cisco Virtual TelePresence server license is managed & operated by the Conductor . Conductor can only accept PMP & SMP .

Cisco Licensing team informed me that i can't upgrade my Screen license to Shared Multi Party (SMP) because they we not directly purchased . Is there any way to use those screen license with the current solution 

My Current Versions are: 

CUCM :11

vTS : 4.2

Conductor : X4.1

TMS : 15.1

Thanks

Ahmed

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Ahmed,

This is true you can not use both licensing modes at the same time, it is a global conductor setting.  Do you already have PMP/SMP licenses on Conductor you are using?  If this is the case then you would most likely want to look at SL conversion of the PMP Advanced/Basic Screen Licenses.   After conversion those Screen Licenses would still exist on the Telepresence Server but PMP/SMP would take precedence and they would not be used while the TPS is in PMP/SMP mode.

-Jonathan

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jonathan Robb
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Ahmed,

PMP/SMP licensing is a configurable mode of Conductor, if your vTPS already has Screen Licenses you can configure Conductor to use the traditional Screen License configuration instead.

I am not sure of your purchasing route but there is a conversion method, I would advise speaking with your partner/vendor about this (CUWL-PMP-K9 will convert PMP basic/advanced to the new multiparty licensing, requires an A2Q process).

-Jonathan

Hi Jonathan , 

Thanks for the update , but i don't think i can have both licensing modes at the Conductors at the same time . If i disabled the Multiparty licensing on the Conductor ,  can i still have the PMP license on the Conductor for CMR & the screen license on the TS for video Endpoints ?

Many Thanks

Ahmed

Hi Ahmed,

This is true you can not use both licensing modes at the same time, it is a global conductor setting.  Do you already have PMP/SMP licenses on Conductor you are using?  If this is the case then you would most likely want to look at SL conversion of the PMP Advanced/Basic Screen Licenses.   After conversion those Screen Licenses would still exist on the Telepresence Server but PMP/SMP would take precedence and they would not be used while the TPS is in PMP/SMP mode.

-Jonathan

Many Thanks Jonathan 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Recognize Your Peers