Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Using Screen License with CMR Premises 6 Solution

Hi 

I purchased late last year Unified Workspace pro & Upgraded it to Multi Party Advanced to operate my Cisco Conferencing Solution , but now When the Cisco Virtual TelePresence server license is managed & operated by the Conductor . Conductor can only accept PMP & SMP .

Cisco Licensing team informed me that i can't upgrade my Screen license to Shared Multi Party (SMP) because they we not directly purchased . Is there any way to use those screen license with the current solution 

My Current Versions are: 

CUCM :11

vTS : 4.2

Conductor : X4.1

TMS : 15.1

Thanks

Ahmed

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Ahmed,

This is true you can not use both licensing modes at the same time, it is a global conductor setting.  Do you already have PMP/SMP licenses on Conductor you are using?  If this is the case then you would most likely want to look at SL conversion of the PMP Advanced/Basic Screen Licenses.   After conversion those Screen Licenses would still exist on the Telepresence Server but PMP/SMP would take precedence and they would not be used while the TPS is in PMP/SMP mode.

-Jonathan

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jonathan Robb
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Ahmed,

PMP/SMP licensing is a configurable mode of Conductor, if your vTPS already has Screen Licenses you can configure Conductor to use the traditional Screen License configuration instead.

I am not sure of your purchasing route but there is a conversion method, I would advise speaking with your partner/vendor about this (CUWL-PMP-K9 will convert PMP basic/advanced to the new multiparty licensing, requires an A2Q process).

-Jonathan

Hi Jonathan , 

Thanks for the update , but i don't think i can have both licensing modes at the Conductors at the same time . If i disabled the Multiparty licensing on the Conductor ,  can i still have the PMP license on the Conductor for CMR & the screen license on the TS for video Endpoints ?

Many Thanks

Ahmed

Hi Ahmed,

This is true you can not use both licensing modes at the same time, it is a global conductor setting.  Do you already have PMP/SMP licenses on Conductor you are using?  If this is the case then you would most likely want to look at SL conversion of the PMP Advanced/Basic Screen Licenses.   After conversion those Screen Licenses would still exist on the Telepresence Server but PMP/SMP would take precedence and they would not be used while the TPS is in PMP/SMP mode.

-Jonathan

Many Thanks Jonathan