Views
Helpful
Replies

VCS Expressway troubleshooting guide

Paulo Souza
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Cisco team,

I would like to give a suggestion regarding Cisco VCS Expressway. I want to suggest Cisco to provide some kind of troubleshooting guide for the VCS Expressway.

I began to participate in this community few months ago and since that, I have seen so many people asking the same thing, normally looking for help on how to troubleshooting deployments involving VCS Expressway.

I think we need a detailed guide that provides troubleshooting tips related not just to a basic VCS Control/Expressway deployment, but also to other advanced deployments, involving Jabber for Telepresence, authentication, AD integration, ICE/TURN, Assen/H.460 clients, dual nic deployments and so on. In addition, I also suggest Cisco to provide into this troubleshooting guide some explanations on how Assent/H460 and ICE/TURN communications work, including the messages and signalling involved.

Fortunately, most users are able to resolve their issues by getting help from this Community or from TAC, but considering the number os users having the same dificulty, I really think that would be a great idea to have a troubleshooting guide regarding VCS Expressway's deployments and features.

I am aware that the current VCS documentation provides helpfull information to deploy Cisco VCS Expressway, but I think there is a lack related to troubleshooting procedures, that is the point.

Regards

Paulo Souza

Please rate replies and mark question as "answered" if applicable.       

Paulo Souza Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".
4 Replies 4

Chris Swinney
Level 5
Level 5

+ 1 on this.

The Basic set up guide plus many of the other documentation are really useful, but additional configuration and troubleshooting guides would be great - even if they were based on these very forums.

Hi Cisco team,

Any thoughts on this matter?

Regards

Paulo Souza

Please rate replies and mark question as "answered" if applicable.

Paulo Souza Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

+1 from me.  Severe lack of troubleshooting documents that dig into deeper level debugs and flows when dealing with the VCS-E.

and a +1 from me too.  The existing guide I found is very basic and only talks about the collection of the logs and diag info and not detail on how to interpret or diagnose deeper.

Wayne
--
Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: