cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WebEx on Infocus Mondopad

GregHyde14282
Level 1
Level 1

I've been tasked with finding out if WebEx can be run in an Infocus Mondopad enviroment, and if so, how. 

4 Replies 4

PJMack
Level 7
Level 7

Based on the description of the product here: https://www.infocus.com/mondopad-ultra-series

I'd say it should work - Infocus says it can call any SIP or H.323 device, if that's the case it should be able to dial the URI of a webex meeting, for example 123456789@company.webex.com. Perhaps someone here will see your post and have done this. Easy enough to try if you have one online. 

I'd recommend checking with Infocus on this, they may have tested this. 

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

According to the specs page, it's just a Windows 10 PC, so it should be able to run Webex the same as any other Windows PC can.

Wayne
--
Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

pacnwadmin
Level 1
Level 1

We have a mondopad and I have a Cisco WebEx subscription.

I was able to sip dial a meeting number. When I created the meeting, it added in the details to dial 123456789@company.webex.com. I typed that into the mondopad's dialer and it connected no problem.

I did run the installer for the webex application, but didn't test it out because the sip dial seemed easier. however, for the record, the installer works. (at least as far as it installed).

Now... full disclosure.... I am dealing with some network issues which keeps the video from running well. it lages, gets chopy, pixelated, whatever... I don't think that is so much on cisco or webex, I think it is my firewall. I experience the same thing with my windows computers, iphone, and cisco room kit. However, I wanted to be clear about what I experienced.

Matt_W
Level 3
Level 3

The Mondopad was a full series of displays from Infocus, so it depends on what model you have or are looking at.  If you are looking at one that does SIP dialing then the answer is yes via SIP.  If you are looking at one with the full windows 10 OS, then you can just back out of the Mondopad interface to the full windows environment and install webex from that location. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: