cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Webex Screen sharing appears as barcode on Webex devices

wwvan
Level 1
Level 1

When we share a screen during Webex Sessions, the shared content change in between to a barcode like pattern. Video and Audio has top quality. Outside of our network the participant see no issues with the sharing.

Between the Internet Entry point and the local end devices we have Cisco Router and Switches, the Firewall is Palo Alto.

We see no drops on the Firewall.

Anyone else has this issue with screen sharing, or has an idee wher it comes from.

Picture1.jpg

Thanks,

Wim

9 Replies 9

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I… don’t see the pattern/problem? That picture looks like MS Project GANTT view where weekends/non-working days are indicated as a grey vertical bar. The task detail on the left appears to have been blurred/redacted. What am I missing?

Hi Jonathan, 

you can call the pattern anyway you want :).

I tried here to share my screen, showing a simple PDF with a chart, no MS Project or so. It starts OK, after a while this patern appears, then its OK again, then it appears again, and so on......

It musst be an issue with the screen sharing protokoll, between our Internet entrance and the Webex End Devices, which in spesific situations gets disturbed by something.. 

Thanks for any suggestion,

Wim

Hi Wim

Are you still having the same problem with regards the Webex end devices and screen sharing, barcodes appear.
or was you able to fix this issue? if so can you share the fix?

We have the same issue, is Cisco aware of this? or is this an ongoing bug on certain cases

Thanks for any input regarding this

NOC Team

GrahamP
Level 1
Level 1

Also seeing this same issue, different users who are sharing different content all on different devices, in different rooms...

The only thing that is staying a constant is content sharing through webex, see attached 

IMG_1286.jpg

We had to deactivate ip inspect on udp/tcp on a cisco router.

Hi wwvan

Did you deactivate ip inspect on your main Cisco firewall router or the ISP router?
Are your webex devices connected to a broadband line or leased fibre line?

can you share the IOS command to deactivate this or was this done via the GUI.

With
no ip inspect name NAME tcp
no ip inspect name NAME udp

you remove the command on the CLI.
To prevent that DNS and NTP stops working, you must configure “ip inspect NAME dns” and “ip inspect NAME ntp”

Thanks wwcan

I will review with NOC

just last question, did you deactivate ip inspect on your main Cisco firewall router or the ISP edge router?

It was on the NAT Router. This Router is between the ISP Router and a dedicated Firewall (PAN).