cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Meme Monday: Coffee

Sean Dahlberg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Believe it or not, it's the last Monday of June 2023! The days, weeks, and even this year sometimes feel to be flying by. That said, some mornings, I have a bit of a more challenging time getting started. Luckily, on those days (and all the others!), I have coffee and music to jump-start my system.

It being Monday and that I went and got coffee (instead of making my own), I'm dedicating this Meme Monday to coffee! And an extra large cup for those at Blizzard who have been dealing with the DDoS attack over this weekend. I get the feeling they could use a little coffee (and hopefully a quiet day).

Do you have a favorite coffee-related meme?

coffee-not-addicted (1).jpg

5 Replies 5

Paul Zimmerman
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Just saw this one today, seems fitting! LOL

coffee real men.jpg

And this one is a response to the previous one I posted here... while I like my music dark, I do prefer a little oat milk in my coffee! LOL

coffee.jpg

davidn#
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yeah, what's up with the oat milk in your coffee Paul
Ever have a cup of Vietnamese coffee (filter on top of a cup)?

vietnamese-coffee-1.jpg

npetrele
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I grew up in NJ, and in the tri-state area, you order a "regular coffee" (pronounced regulah cawfee). A regular coffee is coffee with cream and two sugars. It's such a common term that I've actually heard people order "a regular coffee, no sugar". 

I'm a tea drinker, myself, but I'll have a coffee when I'm really desperate for caffeine.  

I know what you mean! I had something similar when moving from Chicago to different parts of Texas (and Cali). In Chicago, we usually referred to it as "pop," but when I first moved here (to Texas), a lot of areas call is "soda water" (or really, "sodiewater"). Granted, in Austin almost all soda is called Coke so I hear people order a "Coke" and when they ask what time, you'll hear "Dr. Pepper" or something like that