cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Sean Dahlberg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It's Monday, which means time for another meme (although, isn't everyday time for a meme?). Since today is July 3, I decided to go with some network-related memes. Why is that? I'm glad you asked!

Back on July 3, 1969, UCLA issued a press release stating that it "will become the first station in a nationwide computer network which, for the first time, will link together computers of different makes and using different machine languages into one time-sharing system." It then stated that "Creation of the network represents a major forward step in computer technology and may serve as the forerunner of large computer networks of the future." I can't say they were wrong.

Granted, I believe it was still called interconnected networks at that time. It wasn't until 1974 that the shortened version of "internet" was used to describe the global system of interconnected computers and networks that communicate using the Internet Protocol Suite (aka TCP/IP).

Now that we've had our history lesson, time for the memes!

theres-no-place-like-127-0-0-1.jpg there-is-an-unplugged-ethernet-cable-go-fix-it.jpg

Do you have a favorite network-related meme? If so, share it below!

1 Reply 1

davidn#
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

due-coronovirus-covid19-all-tcp-applications-have-be-converted-udp-avoid-handshakes.jpg