cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Trivia Tuesday: Have you been pwned?

Sean Dahlberg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This year is already flying by; I can’t believe that we’re less than two (2) weeks away from Cisco Live US! Seeing as it is Tuesday, it means it is time for a little trivia. I’ll put a few trivia questions below and let’s see who can get them all correct. 

1. Voice actor Elwood Edwards recorded the famous “You’ve got mail!” announcement (as well as “Welcome,” File’s done,” and others) on a tape deck in his home. You’d know his voice if you had which Internet service provider in the 1990s? 

2. What delicious computer term did web browser programmer Lou Montulli coin to refer to information that is sent from the browser to the web server? 

3. A precursor to Wi-Fi was an ethernet connection, and a precursor to ethernet was the ALOHAnet which used a UHF wireless packet network to connect parts of what U.S. state? 

4. Officially known as a "Stop error" or a "Blue Screen error" the acronym BSOD is commonly used for the error screen in the Windows operating system that displays upon a fatal system error. What do the letters BSOD stand for? 

5. What does "pwned" mean? 

The last one is actually from a recent video to promote the Developer Dash (aka Dev Dash) at Cisco Live, so if you’re looking to “phone a friend,” check it out: 

https://youtu.be/fOVMG9l3qcQ 

So, who thinks they can get them all right? Post your answers below! 

Uploaded by Cisco DevNet on 2023-04-24.
1 Reply 1

davidn#
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I got the right answers from 2-5, didn't know the first one although I should have known.