User Inputs
  1. Input Method
  2. URL
  3. Accept header
  4. Payload
Output

String result

Instructions for Use:

1.   Download the attached .ZIP file to your computer. Note: Remember the location of the saved file on your computer.
  2.   Unzip the file on your computer. The unzipped file ends up with an extension .WFDX file.
  3.   Log in to UCS Director as a user that has the system admin privileges.
  4.   Choose Policies > Orchestration, and then click the Custom Workflow Tasks tab.
  5.   Click Import Tasks.
  6.   In the Import Tasks dialog box, click Browse and choose the downloaded file for upload. Click Upload. A successful file upload message appears.
  7.   Click OK.
  8.   Click Next.
  9. The Save Tasks window displays the task exported time, task exported username, and comments provided when the task is exported. The imported task details appear in a table format.
  10. Check the Overwrite if the task exists with same name check box to overwrite the existing task with the imported task.
  11. If this check box is unchecked, a new task will be added with a number (n) to make the name unique.
  12. Click Import.
  13. The custom workflow task is imported and is immediately available for use in the workflow.
  14. Create a basic workflow. For more information, see the Creating a Workflow section in the Cisco UCS Director Orchestration Guide, Release 4.1.
  15. Add the imported workflow task to the workflow. For more information see the Adding Tasks to a Workflow section in the Cisco UCS Director Orchestration Guide, Release 4.1
  16. Click Submit.
  17. Click the workflow, the workflow designer opens.
  18. In the workflow designer window, click the Execute Now button.
  19. A service request is created for the workflow.
Comments
mukherjeegautam
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Orf

I like this Custom Workflow template.

I have a question. You had published another workflow"Add VM Disk", in which you had defined Custom Workflow Inputs Orf-Disk-Types and Orf-Disk-Sizes.

Is there a way to update the Orf-Disk-Sizes using another workflow. I like to use this RESTfullWebServices workflow to get inputs and another Custom Workflow that could update the LOV entries of Orf-Disk-Sizes on a periodic basis.

Can you guide me on this.

Thanks.

Gautam

Orf Gelbrich
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The disk size(es) are a custom variable.

They are here…

Select edit and you change them

As to updating a variable… here you go… (in java script)

ctxt.updateInput("lifecyclevalue", expiry_in_milliseconds);

Here the variable lifecycle is updated.

mukherjeegautam
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to update LOV label/values of a custom workflow input "e.g. disk size(es)" using a script.

I am able to do the same manually by editing them.

customwfinput.jpg

Can you help. !

Thanks

Gautam

Orf Gelbrich
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You update them via Cloupia script with this..

ctxt.updateInput("lifecyclevalue", expiry_in_milliseconds);

Attached work flow…

Orf Gelbrich
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Now if you are talking about updating items on the screen – hmmmm that I don't know…

mukherjeegautam
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for your responses and help.

How would I create brand new custom workflow input and its corresponding LOV label/values like you did for the OrfDiskSize_0_0.

-Gautam

Orf Gelbrich
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

So you want to create a custom variable/drop down on the fly?

That I am not sure how to do. Since they are not exactly in a workflow – the workflow uses static values pulled from the db to be used…

But lets ask the mailer if there is a way to create a custom variable on the fly…

Thx

mukherjeegautam
Level 1
Level 1

yes, that's what I looking for.

Thanks

Gautam

Orf Gelbrich
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This would equate to making a DB update….

I had the API mailer on the previous e-mail…. Lets see what they say…

Orf Gelbrich
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

We would need some sort of DB update situation to do this – right?

mukherjeegautam
Level 1
Level 1

Can it be done with mysql script or API. For mysql script, I would not have a db access nor the schema to do the same.

Orf Gelbrich
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Once you touch the DB with out the API you are no longer under Cisco support.

Have you looked in the cisco down load site the SDK library. Maybe there is some insight on this…

Or write or read to a file and then read that in? There is a workflow out there for that…

Here is the API call for list of custom Variables… getting closer…

mukherjeegautam
Level 1
Level 1

Here is the API call for list of custom Variables - I missed the API.which one would that be.

Thanks

Gautam

Orf Gelbrich
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

All the API calls were in the picture I sent you.

ekleditzpge
Level 1
Level 1

Any way to use ntlm auth with this? Or is there another way to call remote REST services with UCSD im not seeing?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links