cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

10.5 Install on EXSi 5.1 Installation Failed

VON CLAWSON
Level 3
Level 3

I started the installation and it started fine but there was a problem with the networking.  So I Halted the install.  Now whenever I restart the VM it comes up to the INSTALLATION FAILED screen and says "The installation has failed and must be restarted to recover from the failure." The install was preloaded on the VM.  I have put the install on the DVD in the vm settings and tried to boot from it but it will not do it.  it won't go to the recovery disk either.  How do I restart the install?

Thanks

Please rate if this helps.
3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can simply delete the VM and deploy the OVA once again, then load the ISO to start the install.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

This is happening with me as well.  During the initial installation you have the option to do the configuration now or skip the configuration until later.  When you select skip the initial configuration the UCM is built to a point where you can either use an answer key file or select turn off the machine for later config.  When you turn off the machine in UCM 10.X the install is failing. 

In versions prior to UCM 10.X this would work.  I've tried this type of install on UCM 10.0, 10.51 and 10.52.  All fail. 

The ability to do this type of install allows you to deploy servers very quickly. 

Unfortunately TAC requests a serial output of the failure.  UCM 10.X the serial output will not work.  Earlier versions do.

Santosh Mohite
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

I have been trying to resolve this for 3 days and finally made it work. Below link will help many people who are still searching for the workaround. Here is the link.

http://www.uccollaborationgeek.com/cucm-installation-error-exceeded-timed-threshold-of-3600-seconds/

Thanks,

Santosh

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: