cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Attendant Console missing handset status

klmi
Level 1
Level 1

With our attendant console accessing our Call Manager server some extensions are missing their handset status, ie on hook, on call etc.

These phones are registered with CM and otherwise working as expected.

Im unable to see anything different about these extensions that are missing a status.

Any ideas what to check?

7 Replies 7

Paul Kent-Smith
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Hi Klmi

From the picture i think this is CUACS, which i'm not familiar with, but assuming it works similar to CUACA then you could right click on the contact with the missing status, go into the contact details and confirm that the MAC address CUAC has for that extension matches what its allocated to in CUCM

Thanks for that suggestion.

I don't see the ability to set or see the mac address of the handset as per the attached image

Looks like there's no CUAC server in standard which is probably why. Looking at it though, you now might want to check that the MAC address assigned to the extn you aren't seeing the status for is listed under 'Controlled Device' for the application user in CUCM used for auto attendant

The specific application user extension used in AC does not have any controlled devices listed for them(apart from their own phone), however the majority of extensions still show their status.  I assume therefore that the handset status is public info

Should add also that the login to AC is via an extension number not a user id

I have the exact same issue, also on CUACS. Three out of our 75 phones are missing the handset status.  Can't find anything different in the setup. No controlled devices are set with the working phones, so the three that are not working should not require it either.  

Figured out my problem. The Application User (Receptionist) did not have the three phones set as controlled devices. As soon as I added them the handset status was visible in CUACS.

User Management>Application User>Receptionist>Available Devices>Device Association>Check the box for the device>Save Selected Changes

Amit23
Level 4
Level 4
Hi Klmi,

Please apply below steps and share the results:
The Application User (Receptionist) did not have the three phones set as controlled devices. As soon as I added them the handset status was visible in CUACS.

User Management>Application User>Receptionist>Available Devices>Device Association>Check the box for the device>Save Selected Changes
Warm Regard's
Amit Sahrma
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: