cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Attendant Console on Business Edition

latenaite2011
Level 4
Level 4

I am upgrading an Attendant Console server (version to be determined) and noticed that the latest version is 9.1.  The Call Manager Publisher/Subscribed is going to be upgraded to version 11.5.1 and that is going to be on a BE6K bundle.  Question is if there is 11.5.1 version for Attendant Console and can I install it on the same server as the Publisher/Subscriber since it looks like I can load additional VM on it if I have the ova file.  Or does it have to be on a different environment (either physically or on a different VM).

thanks

8 Replies 8

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

10.x+ ACs are only Advanced or Standard, the same site with all the documentation for CUBAC, has the documentation for the new options. Yes, you can have CUACA in a BE server.

I suggest you review the release notes and install and admin guides before any further questions.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hey Jaime,

The only version that I see for Attendant Console for Business edition is 9.x (see attached).  There isn't 11.5.x yet and Cisco TAC mentioned that I can use 11.0.1 and it should compatible with 11.5.x.  

My other question is, how do I get the Attendant Console's IP?  Is there a configuration somewhere on the gateways or CUCM that I can find out what my Attendant Console IP is? The documentation doesn't have this and trying to get my information from my contact person.

thanks-LN

10.x+ ACs are only Advanced or Standard, all the over versions, stop at 9.x, read the documentation for CUACA before any further questions.

Look at the CTI ports, they should have the hostname or the IP of the server.

HTH

java

Ok, I went to CTI Route Points under Device on my CUCM server  (version 6.1.4) and it has about 19 entries with lots of different device names and many have status 'unknown'.  2 or 3 have entires registered and look like the subscriber's IP. How do I what the Attendant console's IP is?

If I upgrade from 6.1.4 to 6.1.5 and then from 6.1.5 on the CUCM, I need to separate log on to the Attendant Console and upgrade them manually?  It is not an automatically that is part of the CUCM's upgrade?

You'll have to sort them out, or try to find out the application user and see what devices are associated to it.

CUCM upgrades, upgrade CUCM, nothing else. Every single part of a solution, is upgraded independently.

HTH

java

ok, is that the same at a Cisco Paging Server?  I see Informacast listed.

thanks-

Yes... every single server you have, has to be updated manually, and independently, nothing will happen automagically.

HTH

java

Varundeep Chhatwal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

As your cucm is going to be upgraded to version 11.5 then you have to upgrade your AC to Advance version 11.5 as AC-Advance 10.5 is not supported with cucm 11.5. Requesting you to check release notes as well as deplyment guide in order to check server requirements. Please note there is currently no plan for supporting AC-Advance 10.5 with cucm 11.5