cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Handler Voice Recognition with number pad inputs

MrButton
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a way to have a call handler with 10 inputs and voice commands?  Or does this type of setup fall under UCCX?  I have already have a directory handler with voice enabled.  When I dial this directory handler with voice enabled it unity says, "Who would you like to reach?". Then I say my name and looks for my directory number. 

I want to do something similar below. For example call handler scenario:

Thank you for calling. Press 1 for Customer Service press 2 Accounts... or tell me the person you are trying to reach?

Caller says: dial John Doe.  

System replies: John Doe extension 1234 Jane Doe 1244 etc 

Caller: dial 1234

System: transferring to John Doe ext 1234

Something like that. 

4 Replies 4

I think that option is only available in a voice enabled directory handler.

Rajan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You can achieve this with the below config:

- Configure a Call Handler in Unity Connection with all the required options and greeting message with the options

- Point the option where you want to identify the user's extension to call them to Directory Handler with voice enabled

This is the closest you can achieve with CUCM & Unity Connection setup

HTH
Rajan
Please mark all useful posts as helpful and solutions as accepted wherever applicable

MrButton
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Rajan - how about ccx? can I script a call handler with IVR as soon as the trigger is hit have the caller be able to voice command or use the number pad?  I'll continue to research this type of request. thank you for the inputs.

Hi @MrButton 

In UCCX in order to use voice recognition, you have to integrate the UCCX with external ASR server. UCCX script doesn't recognize voice input without ASR. 

My Cisco Unified Communications Blog

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: