Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Manager Dis-Contiguous Number Range

Jinesh Patel
Level 1
Level 1

HI, 

My company uses a DDI range for example, 0208 5556789 - we use a translation pattern to change this (or rather, 556789) into internal numbers/extensions, example, 1XXX.

My question is this - as we start to bring in remote sites onto the centralized system, to use the ISDNs that we have at our HQ, we would like to use a different DDI range (we can't contiguously add numbers to this range according to our TELCO) and therefore i was wondering where we would start in terms of configuration with an additional dis-contiguous number range?

I'm sure there are many things that we need to consider/change to get this working but i'm not sure even where to start.  I need to justify getting outside help for this (if necessary) but ideally, if it's something that we can do internally, then this is preferable.

Many thanks

Jay

1 Reply 1

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Jay,

You will need to start with gateway / CUBE where you need to check / configure the following as per the new DID range:

dial-peer destination patterns

translation rules ( if required )

On CUCM you will need to configure / modify translation patterns if they are being used to route the calls to IP phones.

Manish

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: