cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can i Register Voice Gateway connected to INDIA PSTN provider with International location Call Manager hosted on Cisco Cloud?

rsobti
Level 1
Level 1

Can i Register Voice Gateway connected to INDIA PSTN provider with International location Call Manager hosted on Cisco Cloud? Do i need to register India PSTN Voice gateway with Call Manager receding in India Sub Continent Boundaries as per TRAI or DOT regulations?

5 Replies 5

Vaijanath Sonvane
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Yes, you can register Voice Gateway in India with Call Manager hosted on Cisco Cloud; but you will need to configure Logical Partitioning Policies and Geolocations to separate Off-net calls from  On-net calls. As per Indian TRAI regulations, you need to restrict TEHO (Tail-End-Hop-Off) and Toll-Bypass. Check out this document for more details:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice-unified-communications/unified-communications-manager-callmanager/116038-logical-partition-geolocation-00.html

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Vaijanath S.

Do we have any TRAI document or write-up to support this statement?

Checkout Applicability to Requirements From Indian Telecom Regulations on page # 821 from this guide:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/10_0_1/ccmfeat/CUCM_BK_F3AC1C0F_00_cucm-features-services-guide-100.pdf

Under History section it clearly specifies that Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) regulations as of 2008 permit a single system to support both types of calls, as long as the system can be configured so that forbidden calls cannot complete. In a Cisco Unified Communications Manager system, the term logical partitioning specifies this capability. 

Thanks, Vaijanath S.

Can you share the link please? It will be helpful.

The link is shared in earlier post.

Thanks, Vaijanath S.