cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Changing Domain on CUCU, Unity, IM&P and Expressways C/E

HollTel.com
Level 1
Level 1

We are about to change the Call Managers Domain due to a recent merger. The old Domain was used on the outside and the inside but the new Domain is XYZ.com on the outside and XYZ.corp on the inside. Although I don't think that makes a difference. 

My questions is: Is there a paper or a set of instructions that would allow me to create a checklist to change all the appropriate Domains on the servers as well as Certificates and anything else that I simply don't know. We have a setup of the CUCM (pub and sub) Unity (p&s) IM&P (p&s) two (2) Expressways c's and one (1) Expressway E

Thank you. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Keep CUCM,IMP,CUC and expressway C on XYZ.corp

Keep expressway E on XYZ.com. make a subdomain on internal DNS and add an entry for expe.xyz.com to your internal NIC IP.

Make required changes on public DNS.

If you change domain this will also regenerate the self signed certificates, if using CA signed for internal servers you must sign it again.

Btw if you are using two expressway C which is a cluster and one expressway E this is not a right design. you must have same number of nodes for both E and C when making cluster..

Response Signature

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Keep CUCM,IMP,CUC and expressway C on XYZ.corp

Keep expressway E on XYZ.com. make a subdomain on internal DNS and add an entry for expe.xyz.com to your internal NIC IP.

Make required changes on public DNS.

If you change domain this will also regenerate the self signed certificates, if using CA signed for internal servers you must sign it again.

Btw if you are using two expressway C which is a cluster and one expressway E this is not a right design. you must have same number of nodes for both E and C when making cluster..

Response Signature

Nithin, 

Thank you. I appreciate the roadmap. 

The funny thing is about the Expressway E is that at the time we set this up years ago the engineer at Cisco assisted us and said we just needed one Expressway E to handle all traffic coming in. I pretty much took his word for it and have never looked back since. After the migration I'm going to look into how to set up the second Expressway E to resolve this.  

Thanks again.