cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Attendant Console Standard Active Call Keypad

stevenle
Spotlight
Spotlight

Our company receptionist who uses Cisco Attendant Console Standard version 11.0.3.2604 had a question which I couldn't answer or figure out. Basically when she calls an employee through the console and receives their voicemail, she would like to press 1 to bypass their voicemail greeting. Is there a way to do this in the console during an active call? She can reach over to the phone and do it, but that is too hard nowadays.I don't see a keypad option when on an active call.

Valid question from her, is there a way to input the number 1 on attendant console when on a call? What if you call a business that has an auto attendant with options that need to be selected? Maybe the keypad in attendant console is obvious but I can't find it. Can someone point me in the right direction?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jonathan Unger
Level 7
Level 7
Hi There,

I did some digging here as well, it appears that keypad/DTMF functionality is not a feature in CUAC Standard. There is also no mention of it in any of the user guides, to be sure I also did a thorough comb of the interface, it looks like the feature does not exist.

The only method of digit entry within CUAC Standard is the Dialpad, and that is only good for initiating new calls, not interacting with existing calls.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jonathan Unger
Level 7
Level 7
Hi There,

I did some digging here as well, it appears that keypad/DTMF functionality is not a feature in CUAC Standard. There is also no mention of it in any of the user guides, to be sure I also did a thorough comb of the interface, it looks like the feature does not exist.

The only method of digit entry within CUAC Standard is the Dialpad, and that is only good for initiating new calls, not interacting with existing calls.

Well, at least I'm not missing anything. Thanks for checking through it as well. I wonder if you put 1 into the dialpad and press enter if that will work. Worth a shot. I will submit this as an improvement in later versions if possible. The whole premise of CUAC is that you don't have to interact with the phone much, if at all. This situation where a digit needs to be pressed doesn't happen often, so not a huge deal at this point.

I hoped trying that would work but putting a 1 into the dialpad during an active call and hitting enter just wants to kick off a new call with a destination of "1" (which fails).

I tried that as well, with the same result.