cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Conference Bridge Router Replacement

jason2g6114
Level 1
Level 1

I currently have a Cisco 2821 that is terminating 3 T1 lines for my Cisco Conference Bridge. I was not around when this was configured and was tasked with replacing it with a new Cisco router since the 2821 will be EOL in October. What do I need to verify that the new router has to make sure that I have a successful conversion. I was looking at the Cisco ISR 4351 with the UC Bundle and a 4 port T1 NIM card with Cisco 4 gen 64 channel PVDM card to place on the T1 card. Will I need one on the motherboard as well? Thank you for your assistance in advance. 

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

VON CLAWSON
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Jason,

You will want to do a "show inventory" on the router to verify what hardware is installed.  I think your good with the ISR 4351 and 4 port T1.  You will not need another PVDM on the motherboard with that card.  You would only need it on the motherboard if you use a VWIC in those slots.  With the T1 NIM card you won't be so the PVDM4-64 should be fine.

Hope that helps

Thanks

Von

My Youtube Channel

http://vonclawson.blogspot.com

Please rate if this helps.

View solution in original post

Deepak Mehta
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

+5 VON.

Just to add ,when installed on montherboad it can only be used for IP based voice services like confernece ,transcoding etc.However your T1 NIM card with PVDM support both TDM voice channels and voice services.

As advised by VON ,check what is the current provisioning and if it same PVDM 3 64 then i think it would probably be okay if you are not looking for expansion in future.thanks

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

VON CLAWSON
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Jason,

You will want to do a "show inventory" on the router to verify what hardware is installed.  I think your good with the ISR 4351 and 4 port T1.  You will not need another PVDM on the motherboard with that card.  You would only need it on the motherboard if you use a VWIC in those slots.  With the T1 NIM card you won't be so the PVDM4-64 should be fine.

Hope that helps

Thanks

Von

My Youtube Channel

http://vonclawson.blogspot.com

Please rate if this helps.

Thank you very much!

Deepak Mehta
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

+5 VON.

Just to add ,when installed on montherboad it can only be used for IP based voice services like confernece ,transcoding etc.However your T1 NIM card with PVDM support both TDM voice channels and voice services.

As advised by VON ,check what is the current provisioning and if it same PVDM 3 64 then i think it would probably be okay if you are not looking for expansion in future.thanks