Level 3
Level 3

Hi All,

i am trying to setup a simple AA with CUC and CUCM

1. "Thank you for calling XXXX"
  2. "If you know your party's extension, please dial it now."
  3. "If not please dial 0 for Operator:

Can i please confirm.

For No2: Transfer to CUCM directory extension.

It is a must for users extensions to be added on the CUC user list?

Scenario is we have 700user on CUCM, on CUC we only bought 150user license.

How can i workaround this?

Allow Transfers to Numbers Not Associate with Users or Call Handlers is enabled

I would have thought the AA would just transfer the ext to CUCM via the sip trunk configured without actual users ported on the CUC.

Since it has no issue transferring to my operator hunt lines which are on CUCM.

Appreciate any advise

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, you don't need to configure them to transfer back to CUCM, you use that option you mentioned, allow to transfers to numbers not associated to users.

If that still does not work, look at the restriction tables, and the CSS from your CUC-CUCM integration.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

Hi there,

I'll just follow up on Java's good tips here (+5 "J")

In this case TAC is not giving you 100% correct information. I've done this many times and even had transfers to users who weren't even on CUCM (but a linked Nortel) searchable via CUC - AA.

You will need to adjust the Default System Transfer Restriction Table. If you are trying to be able to "free dial" extensions that begin with 3 you will need to add 3* > Allow

If the extensions begin with 7 add 7* > Allow. Once you've added these to the restriction table you can move them down the list via "Change order".

There should be no need for any additional licenses to accomplish what you are trying to achieve here.

Cheers!

Rob

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, you don't need to configure them to transfer back to CUCM, you use that option you mentioned, allow to transfers to numbers not associated to users.

If that still does not work, look at the restriction tables, and the CSS from your CUC-CUCM integration.

HTH

java

Hi Jaime,

Thanks for your input. This is for "If you know your party's extension, please dial it now."

My TAC has said otherwise.

He mentioned "To enter the extension directly and reach the extension, you need that particular extension to be configured in the unity connection. For 700 users on cucm, ill need license for all these 700 users in CUC"

Appreciate your advise

Hi there,

I'll just follow up on Java's good tips here (+5 "J")

In this case TAC is not giving you 100% correct information. I've done this many times and even had transfers to users who weren't even on CUCM (but a linked Nortel) searchable via CUC - AA.

You will need to adjust the Default System Transfer Restriction Table. If you are trying to be able to "free dial" extensions that begin with 3 you will need to add 3* > Allow

If the extensions begin with 7 add 7* > Allow. Once you've added these to the restriction table you can move them down the list via "Change order".

There should be no need for any additional licenses to accomplish what you are trying to achieve here.

Cheers!

Rob

That is for a call handler in which your greeting is enabled for call transfers, and they're wrong, that used to be the case in Unity, but was added that option in CUC to avoid doing that. Whoever told you that, is wrong.

HTH

java

mraj_ Seed
Level 1
Level 1

hello Jansen,

grateful to advise your procedure  to set up this facility as am in same situation