cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

cisco ip communicator issue

tkavithas87
Level 1
Level 1

I Have installed ip communicator on the pc and trying to register with cme.but after installing the ip communicatr when i am going to enter the TFTP address  ,the field is inactive sometime.cannot enter the address.sometime its active.

4 Replies 4

Ajay Singh
Level 1
Level 1

There might be an issue of communication in between your PC and CME..You can use the below mentioned config, no firmware required for CIPC, just mention the type as CIPC:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmebasic.html#wp1046762

ephone  1

mac-address 0011.2222.333C (Mac address of LAN card)

paging-dn 45

type CIPC

button  1:1

please rate if this helps

nomat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Did you try to run the CIPC as an administrator (right click-> Run as admin) ?

If after running as admin the issue is still the same, please try by first uninstalling the CIPC, then try the below:

1. download the CIPC .zip installation file from Cisco.com

2. extract the contents of the file to some location on your PC

3. now navigate to that location from the CMD and make sure that you run the CMD as admin.

4. run the command msiexec /i CiscoIPCommunicatorSetup.msi /qb   TFTP1="IP Address 1" and let the installtion continue.

- Replace the IP Address 1 with your TFTP ip address, for example:

msiexec /i CiscoIPCommunicatorSetup.msi /qb   TFTP1="172.16.130.1"

Please have a look at the document below for more information:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cipc/2_0/english/administration/guide/CADins.html#wp1137111

Thanks,

Thanks Nart.I run the CIPC as administrator.then i was able to enter TFTP address.

Hey Nart,

Althought his solution work, but is it a genuine solution. You can't make all the users as admin users or put them in admin groups. That violates the organizational Domain policy. Can you plese help with any other solution with tis or this is a bug, as i have recently seen more posts on the same line.

regards,

Ajay