cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Unity Connection 8.6 - Cannot Upload Greeting

Lalo Nunez
Level 1
Level 1

Hello! I am running Unity Connection 8.6, using VMWare, in my home lab. When I try to upload a greeting to my System Call Handler, I get the following:

Unable to save recording due to SSL Certificate error. Would you like to accept the SSL certificate for this session and attempt to save the recording again?

When I choose OK I receive:
Failed to record name

Site: http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice-unified-communications/unity-connection-version-70/110950-unity-wav-issues.html#certerr

I visited the above site and tried importing the certificate into both Firefox and IE, but that did not seem to work. I also looked into Cisco Bug ID CSCto92753, but that also did not work. I looked at the Java Console Log and did a search for "access denied":

com.cisco.unity.mediamaster.MMApplet.stop() - Exception while saving preferences: access denied ("java.io.FilePermission" "C:\Users\Lalo\.cisco\unity\mediamaster\mm.properties" "read")

I modified my java.policy file to include the below, but I get the same error:

grant codeBase "file:${{java.ext.dirs}}/*" {
        permission java.security.AllPermission;
        permission java.io.FilePermission "C:\Users\Lalo\.cisco\unity\mediamaster\mm.properties", "write";
};

At this point and I am stuck. Thanks in advance for reading my post and for your assistance.

Cisco Unity Connection version: 8.6.2ES120.24901-120
Windows 7 Enterprise 32-bit
Browsers: Firefox 28.0 and IE 9
Java Version 7 Update 55 (Also tried Java Runtime Environment 1.6.0.39)

24 Replies 24

George Thomas
Level 10
Level 10

Have you tried changing your Java security settings from Control Panel on your desktop. I would also try hitting Save again even after you get the "Failed to record name" error. It has worked for me at times.

Please rate useful posts.

Thanks George, I will try to change the Java security settings when I get home tonight. I know I have changed them before, but I have uninstalled Java several times, so I will check again. Never thought of hitting Save again, but I will try that  too.

Wanted to update the post. I installed 8.5.1 on a new virtual machine and can upload a greeting successfully therefore, I will use this VM to continue my CCNP studies. In the event anyone has any suggestions I will keep the 8.6.2 machine to see if the issue can be resolved. Thanks!

Worked for me too. It is strange that choosing computer as playback didn't work but choosing phone did the trick !!!!1

Worked for me as well :) Thanks a lot !!!

Playing through CIPC worked for me. Unity Connection 11.0.1

Playback from computer didn't help me, but playing  via phone and then pressing save worked like a charm.

Hello George,

I tried lowering the security changes and hitting Save again, but still have the same error. I also tried a different workstation to rule out that it was a desktop issue.

CiscoAzs
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Somebody can solve this problem?

jironside
Level 1
Level 1

I ran in to these same symptoms and have been fighting it for a while. I have not ultimately found a solution but I found the following workaround which allowed me to get my greetings uploaded until a better solution can be found. I am posting it here in case it might work for others in a pinch.

Workaround:

Open the mediamaster applet on the appropriate page and choose to open file

browse to and select the greeting you want to upload

BEFORE clicking save, click the play button in the mediamaster (I have mine set to play via phone, I didn't test via computer). The file uploads and plays.

Then click save. For some reason, this seems to have properly uploaded the greeting without any errors.

I hope this is helpful to someone who is running in to this same frustrating error.

Jon

Hitting the "Play" Button before trying to save did the trick for me in my 10.5 installation. However, I had to play via phone (via computer did not work). It worked regardless of whether a connection to a phone could be established or not.

That did the trick for me

Thanks!!!!!

Same here I had to upload the file. Choose play from a phone then hit play and while its playing hit save. I spent all afternoon trying to get this recording uploaded to the call handler. Come on Cisco  please fix this and ditch Java.

Playback via phone prior to saving worked for me on 10.5

Thanks... I have been beating my head against this for a couple hours now.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: