cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUAC user limit and choosing users

David Coelho
Level 1
Level 1

I recently found out about the lovely 500 user limit in the business edition of Attendant Console. I have a question that Google seems to have a hard time tracking down. We have CUAC pulling the user data from CUCM. How do I chose who goes to the Console....is it possible?

I found one document then said I am pretty much S.O.L. because it is first come first serve but I would think there should be an option to limit by department, for example. I see Directory Rules in the web interface but no indication on how they work. 

Thanks and back to Google for me!

David. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Directory Rules (not Filters which are CUDAC-only) are how you do this.

The Directory Rules option enables you to manage the filters to use when importing information from
the Cisco Unified Communications Manager database to the Cisco Unified Attendant Console server.
The filters are built into rules. You can have multiple filters in a rule, or apply multiple rules.

Multiple filters within a rule are combined with a logical AND. For example, if a rule contains lastname
= T* and Department = Product, all people in the Product team who have a last name starting with T are imported.
If you have multiple rules, each containing a single filter, the rules/filers are combined with a logical
OR. For example, if Rule 1 contains lastname = T* and Rule 2 contains Department = Product, all the
people with a lastname beginning with T are imported, as are all the people in the Product team.

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucmac/arc/CUACBE_V901_WA_.pdf starting on Page 57.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Directory Rules (not Filters which are CUDAC-only) are how you do this.

The Directory Rules option enables you to manage the filters to use when importing information from
the Cisco Unified Communications Manager database to the Cisco Unified Attendant Console server.
The filters are built into rules. You can have multiple filters in a rule, or apply multiple rules.

Multiple filters within a rule are combined with a logical AND. For example, if a rule contains lastname
= T* and Department = Product, all people in the Product team who have a last name starting with T are imported.
If you have multiple rules, each containing a single filter, the rules/filers are combined with a logical
OR. For example, if Rule 1 contains lastname = T* and Rule 2 contains Department = Product, all the
people with a lastname beginning with T are imported, as are all the people in the Product team.

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucmac/arc/CUACBE_V901_WA_.pdf starting on Page 57.

David Coelho
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you...all set now. Took the directory a while to synch up but it is good now.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: