Views
Helpful
Replies

CUBAC 8.6.2 phones showing disconnect

JAMES WEST
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I have just deployed CUBAC version 8.6.2 and integrated this with CUCM 8.5.1 on VMWare. The installation has all gone OK and the CUBAC operator works as it should do, but only 10 out of 250 phones show the BLF status, the other phones show as disconnected.

I have cross checked the phones that show as connected to the disconnected and there are no differences. CTI ports checked, phones added into the Application User.

I have restarted the CTI Manager and AXL services on the CUCM, l have also stopped all of the CUBAC services and reload the CUBAC PC several times.

Has anyone had any similar problems, and if they have how did they resolve them?

Thanks and best regards,

James

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi James,

Against the End User Account make sure you have "Allow Control of Device from CTI" ticked.

You also need to ensure you have Allow Control from CTI enabled against the Device Profile as well as the line of the device being logged into when it is in a logged out state.

If none of these are selected, enable it and log them out and back in with there EM account and you should be good.

If it is none of the above have you tried logging in the account which does not work into the same phone for the account which does work? Perhaps we can rule out if it is the account or the phone which is the problem?

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

If I recall correctly you see directory entries (i.e. end users) in CUBAC, so do you End Users have Tel number fields assigned that match the actual internal extensions?

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi Aaron,

All user DN's are configured for 6 digits, the end users fields replicate this 6 digit DN. All users are EM, and there profiles are associated to the users?

Regards,

James

torsten.brink
Level 1
Level 1

Hi James,

The device association on the end user page is not the point here.

CUxAC compares the DN of the Phone with the configured TelephoneNumber in the end-user page.

Only when both are matching you'll see BLF in the Attendant Console.

Cheers

Torsten

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Hi Torsten,

The end users DN matches the DN of the EM profile and 10 users show up in CUxAC. If you are using EM for users, would this not be the same DN for the end user?

Regards, James

torsten.brink
Level 1
Level 1

Well this of course depend on your configuration.

But again, please make sure that the end user "phonenumber" is aligned with the DN (real phone and/or EM profile).

In CCM end user page you have parameters like: userid, firstname , lastname, department and PHONENUMBER, this field Must match with the DN.

HTH

Cheers

Torsten

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Thanks for your feedback Torsten.

My DN for both EM & end user are identical, but only 10 phones show as being connected the other phones show as disconnected.  All phones settings under EM, end user & phone are identical (cti enabled, ccm end user), but only 10 phones show??

Thanks, James

Hi James,

In the CUBAC console, when you select a user with this issue, press F12 and go to the COntact Numbers tab.

What do  you see there in the Device Name?

Does this correspond to the device this specific user is using ?

Thanks,
Christos

Hi Christos,

I have attached a screen shot of 2 users, one showing Connected, the other Disconnected.

Both fields have the same settings, but only one shows up in CUBAC as connected.

Hi James,

Against the End User Account make sure you have "Allow Control of Device from CTI" ticked.

You also need to ensure you have Allow Control from CTI enabled against the Device Profile as well as the line of the device being logged into when it is in a logged out state.

If none of these are selected, enable it and log them out and back in with there EM account and you should be good.

If it is none of the above have you tried logging in the account which does not work into the same phone for the account which does work? Perhaps we can rule out if it is the account or the phone which is the problem?

Hi Jamie,

Thanks for all your help to get this resolved.

In the end l had to log all the phones out and back in again to resolve the disconnect showing.

Regards,

James

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: